• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rhinelanders

RubyGordy

Alpha Buck
I pet sit for a lady who is a hobby breeder of Rhinelanders (has been for 20 - 30 years) and has a good number of them. Four weeks or so ago she was in a road accident and suffered a severe head trauma and is still recovering from a brain injury.

I've been going virtually every day, bar the odd one that her daughter does, to sort out all her rabbits.

Three of the does have babies - there are 10 in all. Due to leave mothers in 2 weeks I think. Most are baby Rhinelanders - a couple are harlequins. Mrs W would normally decide which ones she wants to keep and offer others to other Rhinelander breeders - or sell them.

There may be babies on offer if anyone is at all interested who is in West Yorkshire. They are a large breed - very striking.

Unfortunately, Mrs W, who is now home but under supervision, got up this morning and let out all the rabbits without the carer realising what she was doing. Bucks, does - all running round together in the garden. There will be no doubt more babies. Nightmare.

I'm not interested in hearing people's opinions on breeding or anything else - I am just putting the feelers out in case anyone may be interested in any of these rabbits if they become available. They will most likely be given free if good homes are offered.

If anyone is interested in taking a baby or would like further info could you please PM me - thanks. They are in north Leeds.

One of the does:
Tally.JPG

Another with babies

Doeand5.JPG

They're beautiful!! :love::love::love::love: do you know why she let them all out this morning?:?

ETA: Sorry, just read that she suffered brain damage! :oops: :(

Last edited:
They are so beautiful. Is it worth putting a padlock or anything on where they live so that she can't do anything like that again? What an awful situation for you all though.

In normal circumstances, she would let them out to run about in the garden but, of course, segregated into different areas.

The house is locked and keys hidden, so she can't go out to the front of the house but she's not denied access to the back garden, which the family thought wouldn't be right - especially with all her rabbits being there. I think the carers are now being instructed not to let her open any hutches or sheds!

Hopefully, she'll be fully recovered before too long and will be horrified to learn what she did!

Its a very sad situation. Poor lady, and poor bunnies. Well done you for making sure they are all looked after properly.

Ooooh, I'm in Leeds too :(
Wish i could offer a home to one. If you really can't find homes, push comes to shuv i may be able to take one

Back