• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Peggy and Sue enjoying spring grass

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
All the buns have enjoyed some fresh grass this weekend now its growing at last :D

Peggy and Sue especialy enjoyed it

2010_0405april20100011.jpg

2010_0405april20100012.jpg

2010_0405april20100010.jpg

:love: :love:

Can't wait to get these two home for big snuggles. My grass is growing very quickly at the moment although George and Gemma helped with that a bit over the weekend. I am planning growing carrots in a pot too as I know how much Peggy and Sue like those.

I will have to get some carpet for Peggy and Sue's hutch - don't want them complaining I am not keeping them in the manner to which they have become accustomed:D

Does that lovely long fur need a lot of grooming Angie? And what do you use? I've never had a bun with longish fur before and can imagine it would be a nightmare if it got matted with the hay.

Please give Peggy and Sue a nose rub from their new Bunny Mummy xxxx

Last edited:
her mane needs a comb ...twice a week should do it although it can knot up quickly .

she had a big matted bit that ive had to cut out cos i didnt spot it :?

Twice a week doesn't sound too onerous:) Do you just use an ordinary comb? I have a sort of brush thing for my long haired cat. We have a constant battle with matts as she rolls in the earth and climbs trees and gets covered in leaves so I stand no chance of her having a beautiful totally matt free coat. She will only tolerate being brushed for so long too - and then she makes a dash for it.

Never had a bun with a mane before - bless. I am sure bribery will work when I want to brush her:lol:

Hi Rhianna,

I've got 4 Lionheads - 3 of which have long manes - I find, as above, that twice a week is usually enough for us humans to groom them - and then the rest of the time they like to sit and groom each other :love:

For mine I use a large round brush to start brushing out with as it doesn't pull as much on their head (if you can et a good 'twisting' motion going with your wrist it really glides through) and if I come across a tangle or knot that the brush can't undo then I get in there with a comb - I use one with wide tooth bit on end and fine tooth on the other so I have a choice depending on how stubborn the tangle is.

And yes, treats def work for my 3 when they've had a brush :D

Back