• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jasper is like a different boy!

Jaspers mum

Young Bun
He is not the same bunny he was a month ago, he is so outgoing and friendly, and happy.

No more do we see the timid and easygoing little black bun! No no, we have an opinionated, demanding, curious, outgoing little hopper!!!

Just the way it should be!

He is so different from my last bun, who was a holland lop. Scrappy was very cuddly, and lazy. He liked to flop on the couch with us. I don't think Jasper could ever be still long enough to do that! But we love him just the same, because he is Jasper :D

11-04-10_1611.jpg
11-04-10_1613.jpg

breed has nothing to do with it, you just have a fruit loop for a bun :lol:, most do start to chill a bit once theyhit middle age :lol: well just a tiny bit :lol:

He's a real sweety and looks so happy to be with you, it's always lovely when bunnies get their happy endings.:D

thanks! I love showing him off!

Sadly, the shelter he was in closed this weekend. The president of the shelter, the vet and some employees are actually facing criminal charges for the care that the animals received. Among other things.

Poor Jasper had a surgical scar, and shaved hair on his back when I got him, but no medical records at all. Just a card on his tiny cage that said the date he arrived.

thanks! I love showing him off!

Sadly, the shelter he was in closed this weekend. The president of the shelter, the vet and some employees are actually facing criminal charges for the care that the animals received. Among other things.

Poor Jasper had a surgical scar, and shaved hair on his back when I got him, but no medical records at all. Just a card on his tiny cage that said the date he arrived.

How awful! :( xx

Sounds like you got him out just in time. He's lovely and sounds a lot like my Jack. :love:

It's awesome, this is my first rescue bunny...I've always gotten from a breeder, or when I was a kid, we lived in the country side and had this huge outdoor/indoor (it had a ramp) set up. I had 7 rabbits at one point, I got them all from the farm auction.

Now, as an adult, I know more about the world we live in, and given the situation with the Toronto Humane Society, I decided it would be best to adopt.

Best decision ever!

Jasper runs around like a spastic little maniac rubbing his chin on everything, standing on his little back paws to reach up and sniff everything, hop up to us, give a lick, run away like the devil is biting his tail, lol.

He's a riot! He never stops!

im so freaking jealous!
i wanted to adopt from the Toronto humane society before it closed but wasnt able to....
do you know if they shipped the rest off to the victoria park location? thats what i was told..

so glad you got him! hes adorable!!!

I had heard rumours they were going to euthanize them all. I dont know if that was just hysterical hype though.

I had heard that they all were adopted out, directly during this past weekends blitz.

I wonder though if vic park would still have some? They would need homes anyhow....

Omg I just did a quick check and found this little guy at the south region shelter

http://www.petharbor.com/detail.asp...,'TRNT3','TRNT4','TRNT5'&atype=&where=type_OO

And this is the link for the animals available at all of the shelters, I dont know how many are transfers :( I did notice the numbers were much higher than usual however
http://www.petharbor.com/results.as...'TRNT','TRNT2','TRNT3','TRNT4','TRNT5'&atype=

He sounds just like Charlee! :lol: She has way to much energy to sit still for a cuddle :roll: and always getting up to mischief! She goes mad, doing crazy bog laps! Jasper is very handsome, Charlee :love: him!! Sounds like they would get along very well :lol::lol:

Back