• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Extention to Hutch

JenniHC

Young Bun
Its taken a while to get this completed as my OH is trying to study for his final exams at Uni at the moment so bless his heart he has been trying as hard as he can.

There are alot of things still left to do, as per the prev comments people made on the last picture... the pencils holding the doors closed are next thing to go, to be replaced by proper bolts (like on the new part)

The run is very important to get sorted too, we'll be extending it out a little bit, to close up the gaps between the two, and getting proper bolts on it too (at the moment it gets tied up tightly with an old pair of tights :oops: at night)

Theres lots of improvements to make, but if anyone has any more, I would love to hear them, just want to make them happy :D

Also sizes are:
Run: 150cm x 100cm x 50cm high
Hutch: 150 cm (5ft) x 50cm x 50cm high (x 2 tiers)

oj30ig.jpg

oh my goodness, im not quite sure why my picture as made the thread go insanely wide... how annoying :oops:

will put the picture behind a link if it gets too annoying for people

He's been working very hard, I bet the buns appreciate the extra hutch space.

Instead of changing the harsp and staples for bolts you could just replace the pensils with little padlocks, that's what we did when our daughter was younger so she couldn't open the hutch and accidently leave it open. You can get combination ones or key ones.

I would go for padlocks (combination ones) too. I have them on mine in case anyone tries to climb over and get in.

I'm sure they are enjoying the extra room you have made for them.

Back