PDA

View Full Version : help i need advice!

kelly kat
11-04-2010, 06:36 PM
Ive got a 8week old female, who is eating well,seems very healthy but i noticed that around her vagina is very red, the actual bit you check for sexing is a normal pink colour but abit further back looks like it has split, is this normal for her age or is something wrong? im very worried but dont want to make an appointment with the vet if it is normal for her age.Ive been checking her since ive had her at 6 weeks and there has been no redness whats so ever until last night.She is clean ive checked for hay/shavings but nothing, What do i do? Help please!!:(

Jack's-Jane
11-04-2010, 06:46 PM
Without actually being able to see it its impossible to say.

Is the anus swollen ?

Is she passing normal faeces and eating/drinking OK ?

Posting a picture would be helpful.

kelly kat
11-04-2010, 06:56 PM
hi, thanks for reply, she is eating,drinking running around seems her normal happy self, she is in with two others these are both fine, il take a picture and see what you think.

kelly kat
11-04-2010, 07:26 PM
http://i932.photobucket.com/albums/ad166/kellykat25/harriefeb-march2010084.jpg

kelly kat
11-04-2010, 07:27 PM
not a fab picture but best i can get.sorry

Jack's-Jane
11-04-2010, 07:54 PM
The pic is a bit blurry but to me it looks like there is a small cut/sore :?

Treponematosis (Syphillis) is a possibility. Does she have any sore looking marks around her nostrils or mouth ?

Also, I am not sure that she is a 'she'....... :?

Did she come from a Breeder or a Petshop?

kelly kat
11-04-2010, 09:24 PM
hi, no there is no other signs of illness,no sores nothing. i will get an appointment first thing. i sexed her myself lol. five babies were dumped in our garden in a box. they were only a few days old, two had died but managed to hand rear the other three. I thought i had two boys and one female, il have a go at getting better pics and maybe you can help me sex them,lol thanks for your help so far tho, il let you know how we get on at the vets, hope i dont loose her/him now ive got them this far!:)