• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

scan vibes for tomorrow for bertie please/UPDATE HES BACK

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
tomorrow morning is berties ultrasound on his heart.

vibes greatly appreciated...im worried about him stressing but once a heart prob is elimanted or confirmed then a diff treatment plan can be looked into for his breathing probs.

im worried sick,,,,,:(

Last edited:
bertie says fank you very mooch:love:

tonight he hes been uber clingy and i was afraid he was trying to tell me not to take him. But on the fifth long cuddle he then began attacking me and jumping up every time i lifted him down onto the floor. It was awful..the sounds he was making where he got so breatheless and wheezy..sounded like my poor old dad before he died.

hes been demanding almost constant hugs and i brushed him for ages and he seemed to clam down for a while.

im guessing he is pain again..ive stopped the metacam for about two days and the metaclop for about two days to see if he can go without it.

(the metaclop and his poops i mean..not go without pain relief!!)

i guess the metacam really was essential...im just worried about kidney probs long term.him being such a big boy.

i have given him metacam bout 2am....its now 3.38am and five minutes ago he got off the settee after over haf an hour solid of me really hugging him tight to me and stroking him and kissing him on his head which he expects. i darent look at his feet........

i let him out yesterday (sat) in the lovley sun and grass thinking his feet would benefit from it as theyre not ulcerated or open ellen said.
and he was out for about 20 mins day before that and the day before that about 2hrs. sleeping of course:)

but i guess digging in the littled pebbled strip under the flower pots made that a bad idea.:oops:

so he needs piriton again and i will use metacam daily too....and see what the outcome of this scan is.
ellens hopeful and says she thinks it wont be his heart...but i have to be sure....hope im not wrong putting him thru this:(

i left him there and the vets was chaos and i was in the way..only a small waiting area.....so lyn said wheel him behind the desk and go home.
well i went into lidl and got some oj for nikki and some muffins.....serve me right for trying to comfort eat before tackling cleaning the kitchen up and the lounge..i pigged too much and ive lost me cuppa and muffins and some pills..oops

so i will get off here in a mo whilst im resting my tummy and go clean up.

it was so odd coming home to no stepping over a snoozing big bun. no head lifting up to say what did you get can i have something..or him diving in his tray the wrong .....

oh gods i hope hes going to be ok...i didnt realise just how big a bun he is in more ways than his size.....i miss him already and am terrified if he stresses out and dies because of the scan or they find a heart problem or worse.

also hhe attacked me last night and once the metacam kicked in and id given him an hours worth of cuddles hugs n kisses..he went to sleep.

i will be able to hoover...omg he hates the new hoover..its bloomin noisy i admit but cant change the suction power..its a pets one and bloomin good!

come on bertie....:love:

ellen rang me just before she left the hospital and said bertie was soo stressed it was really hard to tell anything:(

but it didnt look as though he had cardio myopathy but its no guarnatee.

she said the best thing now is to let him relax and not drag him around back n forth.
To try and reduce his meds routine..lessen them. which i had done and he attacked me last night!

so he has metacam and some piriton and im not giving metaclopramide unless hes not pooping .

she also said to take him out every day for at least an hour or so. which i said i do anyway when the weathers nicer. BUT i said he hasnt had his myxi..she said she still wont give him his myxi jab yet. so when mosquitos appear hes got to come in.

i wished he was able to fit in a pen or playpen so i could wind that mosquito netting all around him and know hed be safe.

hes just began to clam down now and its almost 10pm.

ellen said his heart was beating 300 beats per minute:shock:

i feel awful for putting him thu this.esp as he has a shaved chest to boot now.

Am sure Bertie will be ok :) Bet he will be very happy to be back at home with you guys and will enjoy his runs in the garden. He probably just attacked you Debbie because he's feeling a bit fed up with being poorly, I'm sure it was nothing you did. Hope he can come home soon x

awww poor little man, its so stressful for them isnt it :cry::cry:

im convinced trying to get that wee sample from pearl lead to her end 4 days later.

give him loads of treats im sure he will forgive you, and its sort of good news.. even with them not being sure it does sound like its not the heart doesnt it :D:D:D

thank you xx
he has been left to his own devices and i knew he was eating pooping etc..so i nipped to town with my mum to get her a birthday card and some peppermint and rosehip hay for bertie..which my mum insisted on buying for him:lol:
i also bought him a banana for 15p too:oops:

He is pretty cuddly this evening...and wouldnt leave me alone but in a nice way so i think hes forgiven me...i hope so.
i gave him some metacam about an hour ago...and hes gone for a nice long snooze....and some of that yummy hay which hes fallen alseep face first in.

donna hun dont beat yourself up..the wee sample may have accelerated things and it may have not seeing as shed been having so much treatement. so dont beat yourself up xx

yes i like to tell myself it ISNT heart problems.

his shaved chest is a bit odd to feel with all that fluffy tummy:love:

i didnt take him out today.....but will tomorrow..the sun doesnt hit our garden till after 1.30pm.:shock:

Back