• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nameing rabbits?

Rachel89

Mama Doe
I always findb it so hard, my friend was saying she instantly knows what to call them.

I still don'thave a name for the new one, shes just being called baby dutchie ops.

Some names just come instantly, some names evolve, some names need to be earnt. Be patient and you'll find the perfect one :)

i stuck with the name pearl :oops::oops:

alvin i poured through the net for names because i couldnt think of an aloholic name for him to go with bud and stella. then hours later a flash of inspiration Alvin and the chipmunks popped into my head :lol::lol::lol:

i recommend looking up names on the net, takes a while but youll find one that makes you think oh yeah you are a ???? :wave::wave:

My zeke just became Zeke somehow. I *was* going to call him Barney after a character in How I Met Your Mother, but my friend has a rabbit called Barney and it kinda just didn't suit him! I did name him within about five hours though!:wave::wave::wave:

i like to google the meanings of names, like the choices i have for my new bunny are
Cho whch means small (shes a nethie)
Amiyah which means delight
or Freya thats just a pretty name :)

Ohhhh I will have a look online, I'm so blonde I never thought of that just trying to come up with things.

Poor girl will end up being called something stupid.

Blue got called Blue cause he was a Blue dutch, I couldn't call Honey Yellow so Honey looks a yellow colour so she got called that :lol:
Bramble got lucky he came with a name :oops: :lol:

I just go through different pet and baby name sites and choose my favourites, then when a new bun comes I choose one off the list :lol:

I already had the names Hermione, Oscar and Noisette even before I had the rabbits :oops: I vowed to myself no matter what colour my new girl bunny will be, she is going to be called Noisette (french for hazelnut) :lol:

My next lot of animals all have names planned out too! Sebastian, Devonrick, Balthazar, Domonique and Giselle!! Have to admit, I did want my children named these, but I think they may be bullied for the rest of their lives with names like Balthazar :oops:

My OH said he wouldnt by me a birthday bunny unless I name it Pie. And Pie is kinda cute (only problem, now he wants a Stew and I want a Burrito!)

I have also had a Snow (REW bun), Misty (a giant French lop that was a beautiful silver grey :love: ) & and Ebony (Black NethieX)

I like to pick a 'genre' like food, drink, weather and tend to name them after that. It helps to narrow down afew choices!

I always findb it so hard, my friend was saying she instantly knows what to call them.

I still don'thave a name for the new one, shes just being called baby dutchie ops.

name her quick!;)

my friend nicknamed Pierre 'Pierre' (..'he has to have a french name! he's a french lop!'...) by the time i'd thought of somthing better he was stuck as Pierre:roll::lol:

i

I have a Nermal and a Phoebe.. Nermal was either going to be Nermal or Guillermo, but every time I said Guillermo people would go "huh?"!! so Nermal it was.. Phoebe's name came to me in the car on the way home from picking her up, and it suits her perfectly.

I also really like the name Stella, but I can't fit any more pets in my house so i've resorted to calling my car Stella!!!

Naming is funny - sometimes bunnies fit a certain name, sometimes you have to get to know them a bit first. .

I somehow ended up with four bunnies with names all beginning with B - completley by accident since two are rescued rabbits.
When I got the first two I already knew I wanted to call one Barnaby (though now he gets called Barna-bunny mostly) and the other was kicking up her heels loads so she got Bojangles (as in Mr Bojangles - named after the bit where he jumps and lands so soft ... cept she doesn't - she's a clodhopper) but she gets her name shortened to Bo.
The other two rescue rabbits - one was already called Blakey and the other was called Bart - but my last name is Simpson and our vet calls out the animal's name and your surname .... I refused to have them shout Bart Simpson for us - so he got renamed Bingley (or Mr Bingley Sir my OH calls him) as he's very handsome (even with poorly eye) and looks very posh.
I think names do come to you so good luck :0)
Tammy x

I gave up Googling - just didn't like any of them. Mine usually have a name already and they tell me (usually I go to call them something and a name pops into my mind and that's it). For those that don't, they get called:

Sausage (doe)
Funny bunny-bum (buck)
Little Bob (doe!!!)
Fatty Bum-Bum (buck)
Funny Bub (buck)

That's 4 more unusual names out of my 25 babbies - not bad really!:lol::lol::lol:

I have recently taken in a black and white dutchie and wanted to call her Belle. Because i wanted to bond her with my Benjy and thought the names went well together.
But the kids chose Tinkerbell and that is her name,
however the O/H thinks she looks like a Kathleen :shock:, so he calls her by that name :roll:
I have to admit that i sometimes go to call her Kathleen too :oops: :lol:

Back