• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Healthy bunny thread....

donnamt

Wise Old Thumper
please everyone who has a healthy never really needed the vets bunny post here... if Alvin does bond i want to be less fearful of illness :oops::oops:

I've got quite a few like that (touch wood). Ferris (Frenchy cross) and Radar (giant cross) are probably about 3 years old now, and have never needed any vet treatment. My 3 Dutch girlies Pixie, Purdy and Piglet (1 1/2 years) have never needed the vet despite being hand-reared when their mum rejected them. Colin (1 1/2 years nethie cross) has always been in robust health. And Winston my really old boy (about 12 years) has only ever needed vet treatment for age related problems.

I have one who has been completely healthy all the time I have known him (with the exception of one bout of stasis which was remedied immediately by the advice of the amazing Jack's Jane!) He even recovered immediately after his neuter and had to be confined to an indoor cage to stop him running at full speed round the house and injuring himself! :roll: He's 4 and a half now and still going strong :D

I have two who are healthy (aged 4 this year), though one of those broke a leg as a baby (but it has healed so well you could never tell now) and the other once needed treatment for a reaction to Cylap....apart from that they have just seen the vet for their vaccines and check-ups.

Also, although Juno (wildie aged 2) was found as a young baby abandoned with splay leg, apart from treatment for that which ended at about 6 months old, she has also never needed the vet since.

Revel is 9 and a half. I have had him since he was 2 months old and he has only seen the vet for castration and vaccs :wave:

more or less

Bunny one. Female, Marble, totally healthy til just before she died of cancer aged 5 (our ignorance - we didn't know about spaying in those days).

Bunny two. Male, Bunster, totally healthy til head-tilt aged 7, whichwe realised was stress-induced, and despite vet's doom and gloom he lived happily and healthily til he died age 9 last Dec.

Bunny 3. Female, Buffy, totally healthy if rather fat! Had nose repair last year after messy wound, cause unknown. Otherwise fine and happy bun.

Bunny 4. Male, Sausage, totally healthy since we adopted him age 5 from rescue after death of Bunster above - history unknown - went to rescue after being found wandering as a youngster and was never claimed. Lived for ages at rescue, no health problems. Healthy happy lazy fat bun!

Fear not - happy healthy buns with low vets bills do exist. You deserve an easier time!

I know I am totally tempting fate here but...

So far, Honey Bee hasn't had any health problems :D

Phoebe An is a dental bun but hasn't needed one for...1 year & 5 days :D

:wave:

I dont want to tempt fate but I have 5 buns here who have only ever been to the vets for neuter/spay and vacs. Keeping fingers crossed it stays that way.

Its funny you posted this Donna as i wanted to the other day after SarahP's thread but i didnt want to upset you and other members who had recently lost bunnies, didnt feel right so soon. So im glad you did this! i think it helps reassure people.

Pebbles has only ever needed to go to the vets for her injections since i adopted her 2007. Domino has only needed to go for his injections since he was born april 2007!

Jelly has had 2 stasis episodes, and a dental, but she isnt a sickly bunny. She is very healthy and full of bounce :)

I have one like that (except from a dislocated hip - I swear she thinks she's superbunny or something :roll:). Hope I didn't jinx it now :shock: Eep.

Meeee I have two, Blue and Bramble which never ever have done well apart from jabs and the chop.
My nan has 12 buns and only ever had to take them to the vets for jabs and chops :)

Our of my 16, most are healthy.

Roger, Sunny, Dawn, Lightning, Autumn and Candyfloss have so far always been as healthy as they come.

The Dopeys, Hope, Dusk, Angel, Star, Sandy and Sky have always been healthy so far apart from one or two times needed their molars burred.

Rosie came to me with a spinal injury and she is healthy apart from that (and she has improved infinitely). Badger is my only current one who is ill, and he has laryngeal issues.

So mostly mine have been (up until typing this), healthy :)

Fluffs' problems are have thus far only ever been age related (arthritis) and he's 12.5.

Of my other four, I have to date only had one serious tummy upset (bloat) which with meds we got over really quickly, and a problem with dry eye. And thats across two years.

Good thread!

Back