• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

B*****, B*****, B*****!!!!!!!!!!! U/D She's not coming home. :o(

mia'n'patch

Alpha Buck
Patch has gone into stasis.
Think it's possibly down to the penecillin, but not sure. She's currently at the vets, (on a sunday! = £££££'s), on a drip, being fed critical care hourly, being pumped full of metaclopromide and gawd knows what else.
Just waiting to see how she goes. :( Will get a call from vet in the morning.

Last edited:
Thank you both.

Poor bun really doesn't need this. She's been through so much over the last couple of years, she deserves a break.

The vet did mention metronidazol, but to begin with she just wanted to stop the penecillin, give her gut stimulants and get her on a drip. She's also going to be syringe fed hourly.
And me being the typical flappy kinda person, didn't manage to take any of it in. (I went into brain/heart meltdown mode when they said they wanted to take her in for critical care).
I will be going to visit Patch tomorrow if i'm allowed and i'll have a proper conversation with Serena and find out how were going to deal with this.

Been down to the vets to see Patch this afternoon and she's not in a good way.

They've got her on Torbugesic, (sp), vitamin B12, Metacam, Zantac, Metoclopromide and Cisapride and she's just not responding. In fact she's going downhill rapidly. The vet doesn't expect her to last the night.

It's been recommended that I have her put to sleep as she's unlikely to recover. I know this is the best thing for her now, and i can't bear to see her suffer any more. :cry:

Been down to the vets to see Patch this afternoon and she's not in a good way.

They've got her on Torbugesic, (sp), vitamin B12, Metacam, Zantac, Metoclopromide and Cisapride and she's just not responding. In fact she's going downhill rapidly. The vet doesn't expect her to last the night.

It's been recommended that I have her put to sleep as she's unlikely to recover. I know this is the best thing for her now, and i can't bear to see her suffer any more. :cry:

I'm so sorry you're faced with that decision. I think most of us have been there and can sympathise.

Sending miracle recovery vibes, as Angel wasn't expected to survive the weekend but she has, so there's a chance still yours may...

Sending hugs x

Oh, I'm so, so sorry. It sounds like you love her so much you will make whatever decision is best for her, and that means she is so super lucky to have you.

Please keep us updated and talk about it/her if you feel you need to.

Back