• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

She doesn't seem to be cleaning herself...

K1nS

Warren Scout
Smudge that is :) I noticed the other day that she had poo on her feet, not alot but because she is white, it shows up alot. Today I had to pick her up as I was hoovering her room and it was still there. I got my OH to hold her while I tried to clean it off with warm water and cotten wool but she wouldn't have none of it. Why isn't she cleaning herself? I always thought rabbits were very clean animals...

If a Rabbit is not cleaning themself it usually indicates a health problem eg Dental issues, obesity, mobility problems due to arthritis. Stress can also make a Rabbit neglectful of their self-grooming.

If a Rabbit is not cleaning themself it usually indicates a health problem eg Dental issues, obesity, mobility problems due to arthritis. Stress can also make a Rabbit neglectful of their self-grooming.

Well it can't be dental, obesity or mobility probs coz she was in the vets 2 weeks ago so she had a full health check then.... what could cause her to be stressed?

Environmental stress eg other animals about, a change in routine, loneliness,

Is she passing excess caecotrophs ?

Back