• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

is less than a week too quick...

donnamt

Wise Old Thumper
Lou has kindly offered to bond Alvypants today with one of three fiesty does she has. im worried about the word fiesty tbh because he had quite a violent encounter with Jubilee. but Pearl showed me that Alvin cannot ever be happy single, he needs other rabbits.

gut says do it, worst that can happen is he will come home single with a big hole in his willy :shock::lol::lol:

best is he gets remarried and i can stop worrying about his tummy. but then i have the gut churning worry about health issues waiting to happen with my new bunny and how far can my credit card be pushed lol...

so how quick have you all rebonded a rabbit who LOVES other rabbits and hates humans?

I would give it a try. I don't think a week is too shorter time. Animals grieve differently to people so he could be ready. Good luck :D

ETA: I wouldn't worry about health issues with a new bunny, if you do you'll never rest easy. I've got bunnies that have never visited the vets for illness in all the five years I had them. (hope I'm not tempting fate now)

Last edited:
No advice sorry but it sounds like you know inside that its a good idea. Who was boss beyween Alvin and Pearl? Would a fiesty girl be right for him?

Got to be honest mine arent insured (about £70 a month for all 6!) but I have put some money on one side for them. Maybe insurance could be an opyion for your new girly?

Good luck with whatever you decide and keep us updated

I would give it a try. I don't think a week is too shorter time. Animals grieve differently to people so he could be ready. Good luck :D

thats whay my gut is saying.. i think because she was so poorly she wasnt really there with him even though she was, i think that may be why he kept trying to hump her because the grooming stopped :?

he doesnt seem to be greiving as much as bored/lonely :?

and then without transport i may not be able to get him back oops :lol::lol:

No advice sorry but it sounds like you know inside that its a good idea. Who was boss beyween Alvin and Pearl? Would a fiesty girl be right for him?

Got to be honest mine arent insured (about £70 a month for all 6!) but I have put some money on one side for them. Maybe insurance could be an opyion for your new girly?

Good luck with whatever you decide and keep us updated

pearl was very gentle, very groomy so i never expected we would try with fellow fiesties. my experience is very limited so i trust Lou to make the right call, she knew pearl was perfect for him after meeting him that first time. hes a load calmer now too and he does do some grooming. deffo a rabbits rabbit he is :love::love:

i will insure her, but the vets were going to contact petplan about the balance of the direct claim and inform them of her death. i just dont want to get in a mess with them. by starting a new policy knowing my luck when pearls gets cancelled itll be the wrong one... i like the worry :oops::oops::oops:

I've no experience of bereavement in bunnies but I've seen Tink when Roo is at the vets for 48 hours and it breaks my heart. There's no comforting her either as she isn't human orientated but loves her man :love:. I think if she were in Alvin's situation I'd try at this stage too. I hope the girl he picks wants to groom and snuggle her human too :love:

Aw hun only you know what is right for him, there is no too soon/too long its what you feel right, I wanted Izzy rebonded straight after Jazz died but had to wait to weeks as they couldn't fit her in to be bonded, she was desperate for other buns company.
Lolly on the other hand will be staying single for the moment, she is doing alright and although she is a people hater she does come and sit near us now and jumps up on the sofa every now and then and she is getting enjoyment from chasing the kitten. My plan for her is to bond her with Joseph and for her to live outside with him when Maddie leaves for Rainbow Bridge which I know will be in the near future as she is very poorly now.

cant get anyone on the phone, so we are just going to turn up, dump the stroppy one and run :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

his tummy is great today, poops have come back up to a nice big alvin size

Good luck!

I agree with whichever wise one it was who said there is no too short or too long, it depends on the bunny. I have my eye on bonding the Dopeys tomorrow or Tuesday with Angel. Trust yourself. You have his best interests at heart, and with that, you won't go wrong.

Goodluck with the bonding! Keep us updated. You're doing what's best for your man which means you're a brilliant bunny mummy.

I know no rabbit will replace Pearl in your affections but hopefully Alvin will be bounding around all over the show with his new wife very soon. :)

I hope it goes well!
We remarried Bobby after a week after Nougat died as he was just sat in one spot and looked lonely and miserable.
Depends on the bunny, so I'm sure you're right!

As said rabbits don't greive for the personailty of the bun we have lost like we do, but the company and companionship of that rabbit.

I have always bonded quickly, as my rabbits change when they are single, rabbit rabbit or human rabbits.

Good Luck, I hope Alvin ends up with a new wifey out of this

Go for it and good luck :wave:

I didn't like leaving Riley on his own very long after Harriet died, but it did feel like I was betraying Harriet. Riley however is very happy with his 2 girlfriends and he did seem very miserable on his own after just a few days.

Hope it all goes well!

I bonded Jelly with Domino and Pebbles four days after Peanut died. She needed company and was really happy straight away and while you feel it might make you feel like your betraying them, it made me feel SO happy to see her happy.

Alvin will let you know if hes not ready you can be sure of that!

Back