• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How Do You Catch your Buns?

locksley is a dream, i just walk up to him stroke him and pick him up :D

rosie now she is an old lady doesn't run away, when she was youngster though she used to have me chasing her, like she was laughing at me

Catch??? I guess that is something people do before 'holding' buns. Fat chance! lol What did you see today?

I usually just round mine up at bed time, a bit like a sheep-dog, so they run into the shed themselves.

I'm quite lucky - the front of their run has a panel that opens. They run in of their own accord and then I pick them up out of the hutch to do their health checks etc

I've posted about this before too!

Ralph is a dream, like Locksley... I follow him around a bit, and he takes the hint and jumps back into his cage (or he hunkers down to the ground while I stroke him and then pick him up.)

Ruby gives me the chase of my life, especially when she's freeranging in the garden... there is just no way of catching her apart from my OH and I cornering her, but even then she'll jump between our legs or stuff herself up one of her tunnels and (deliberately!) double up in the tunnel so we can't get hold of one end of her! Sometimes we have to hold the tunnel vertically with one of us ready to catch her at the other end and watch her indignantly slide out! She is a Madam.

Buzz is always a sucker for food... if I rattle the food bag he bounds up and follows me wherever it goes.

Louises hand swoops down like a snake lol out of nowhere
I call it the "vice Grip"

Ive never seen anything soo fast!

Your free to come round to mine and watch my buns 'au natural' :lol:

It certain isn't a vice grip, poor Frankie! but yes it is quick, an art mastered with Sophie, who loves nothing more than to give me the run around whilst binkying!! But I didn't want any more fur pulling between Charlie and Frank, your not being fair and giving the WHOLE situation :lol::lol:

I also showed you my herding thechnique with Charlie and Belle.

Quickly!!

The lops are alright but the lions hate it so I do it as little as poss with those two.

Scamp hops over to me and i just pick her up, Lottie and George will get into the their hutch for food and can be picked up easily out the hutch, and Ronnie and Lola, well :? Theyre so heavy it isnt easy picking them up, and i generally dont unless i have too. Lola will tolerate it, but Ronnie struggles and im scared they'll hurt their backs, so generally get down to their level to fuss them :) xxx

I just shout mine & they come up to me! :D

I call mine and they come too, well 90% of the time, the other 10% is when they want to make me wait for them, they do come when they are ready though and it's not too long after being called, most of the time they are pretty good :)

CATCH !! your joking :lol:

Ive herded,
Used a sheet
done the super fast scoop,

My buns are not silly you call them it like " ohhhhhh I dont tink so,,,,," * rattle food bowl " ooooooooooo dinnnnnnnner" straight in " DRATS ":angel:
As with children bribary works well in my house :lol:

There has to be two of us! Sometimes I trap her in a corner and get her. Sounds mean but has to be done sometimes.

I do it with LOTS of swearing.... lots of running... lots of shouting... lots of angry huffing and puffing (from me that is).... lots of empty threads to the rabbits... lots of cuts and grazes (on me!!).... and I end up with a tired and peed of Janak... but two bunnies who are locked up plotting their escape!!

Back