• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

would anyone be interested in some willow ...

areia

Wise Old Thumper
... as title says, mum has decided to realllllllllllly hack at the willow tree and wants rid of excess, i bought aload home tonight for which my buns are enjoying, :D just too much for my buns to eat, so im happy to share

I'm happy to give it away, but would be nice if those interested would offer cover on postage,

it would shall i say be in raw state none of the fancy cut to size pretty bundles you get in the shops :lol: various lengths,( obviously cut for postage ) thicknesses, new shoots attached to thicker bits, etc,

If people are interested mum will put it aside and i'll dry it, ( really doesnt take long ) roughly cut it and post,

At the mo ive no idea on postage cost as im just asking around if anyone wants some first, pretty confident it would be cheaper than buying a small bundle at P@H though

If anyone is interested ill get things sorted and give people ideas on how much to give and postage cost :)

ooo 4 so far, looking at the pile today on the lawn, im quite sure it can go round a good few people

Im just thinking of way to post cheap while not chopping them small,

My buns just given the branches as they are :lol: keeps them happy for a while, quite sure i cant post them they way my buns like them though, you imagine the postman delivering them :lol:

Id like to post as large as i can, everyone can do what they wish, when they get them,

OOh yes please :love::love: If you're so far south you can touch france, does that mean you're near me??? can i collect? any excuse to meet a fellow bun person and have a trip in the car!

do you think i could weave the willow into some kind of big ball thing???

Do rabbits eat the twisted willow...only ask because we cut loads of it down every year and it goes to waste...if they do, remind me at the end of the year when we're pruning ours and you're welcome to it. :D

OOh yes please :love::love: If you're so far south you can touch france, does that mean you're near me??? can i collect? any excuse to meet a fellow bun person and have a trip in the car!

do you think i could weave the willow into some kind of big ball thing???

im next to dover, think new forest is a bit of a trek :lol:

cant gaurantee the ball thing it depends on how i can post it, will have flexi bits in along with other thicknesses, so you could try, as i said it will be just as it comes off the tree, ill not be stripping the shoots etc, just part or completly drying if i can bend and squeeze bits in i will

Do rabbits eat the twisted willow...only ask because we cut loads of it down every year and it goes to waste...if they do, remind me at the end of the year when we're pruning ours and you're welcome to it. :D

you know im not sure, mines the traditional weeping. maybe someone could help answer that :)

yes please! Sophie and Granite love Au Naturel over the shop bought stuff, ifcat Sophie turns her nose up!

same here only 2 of mine like the shop bundles, the small bags arnt so bad, the bundle you get wrapped with vine or whatever i notice is shiny, none of my willow has dried that shiny so i wonder if they coat it in something maybe

Back