• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ooops - P@H adoption

Doghouse135

Mama Doe
I really shouldn't look - Went into P@H today and just 'had' to look in their adoption section.

Fell in love with two gorgeous but very skittish girly pigs :love:

Apparently, they are about 9 months old and the owners surrendered them because the children were allergic to them :?

Anyway to cut a long story short, I went back this afternoon and smuggled them out in my carrier :lol:

Welcome home Tallulah and Gypsy :love:

April2009040.jpg

Ah they are lovely! Well done for rescuing them. My son is allergic to Guinea Pigs - he can get away with it in the winter but once his allergic reaction is "switched on" with the hayfever season he suffers badly if he touches them.

I don't think they've been handled much as they're absolutely terrified. I've put them in the small cage to start with and then will increase the size until they're integrated with the rest of the clan :lol:

Tallulah looks to be a Peruvian cross (?) and Gypsy's a Teddy :love:

They are almost identical to ones in our P@H today, except they were boys- the long haired one had matts all over his back end. They also had 2 female g. pigs and 3 female rabbits- one with a funny leg. If only I had more time, money and space!

Yes - Tallulah's going to need a trim tomorrow but I didn't want to stress her out too much today. She's got woodshavings and allsorts in her coat. P@H obviously trimmed their nails as you can see they've been done recently.

I've realised how 'chilled' my other piggies are compared to these - they are nervous wrecks :(

A bit of TLC, lots of fresh veggies and I think we can win their trust. I should imagine they've not had much interaction if the children were allergic to them.

They're currently on P@H muesli but they'll be slowly transferred over to nuggets.

They are almost identical to ones in our P@H today, except they were boys- the long haired one had matts all over his back end. They also had 2 female g. pigs and 3 female rabbits- one with a funny leg. If only I had more time, money and space!

My P@H wouldn't allow them to be put in the adoption section if they were matted - they went through the adoption paperwork with me very thoroughly :thumb:. Made me laugh though cos they put a large cross where it said 'other animals in the household' because they said they know what I've got and how many :lol:

My little guinea boy Crumpet said he'd be their boyfriend any day ;) if they don't mind sharing him :lol:

Didn't someone else have a Gypsy and Talluhla?
Think it was Char-x

Really ? How weird is that ?

I asked if they already had names and the staff instore said they'd nicknamed them some ridiculous footballers names :roll:

Sorry if I've pinched someone else's names - it wasn't intentional :?

Back