PDA

View Full Version : I've been so worried about Esme but she's eating now

Bunny Buddy
10-04-2010, 03:43 PM
Trying to do best by the little flower I put her out in the hutch and run this morning, gave her everything she could want ... except feeling safe it would appear :cry::cry::cry:

I kept checking on her and stayed with her the first 20 minutes or so, she was exploring and binkying, so I believed she was alright.

I don't know what happened in between but after about two hours she was really scared and I brought her back in. She's been 'not right' for about three hours, refused all food and kept running away from me :cry::cry: She was even shaking. I wondered if she had hurt herself, she's not limping, she appears okay when she stretches. :?

Thankfully, five minutes ago I had another try at tempting her with raspberry cane and she snatched it, ate it, then went straight to the dried plantain I gave her ages ago ... then the carrot I'd also tried to tempt her with :love::love:

I can't understand how she can have got so upset. DEFINITELY no foxes or cats in the garden. By the time I decided to bring her in there was a lot of noise from next door (about eight people talking and laughing, but not like fireworks or anything extreme). They have a greyhound next door that they didn't have last time she was outside but I have a tall fence - she wouldn't see it, could she smell it 20ft away - would that bother her? I'm wondering if it's simply the loud voices and occasional clattering from next door that scared her so much, she is in a very quiet environment indoors.

*touch wood* she looks like my Esme again now (I did think we'd be doing a trip to the vets later). They are such fragile beasts :cry::cry:

hurricanhoney
10-04-2010, 03:47 PM
Poor girl hopes to continues to improve.

Bunny Buddy
10-04-2010, 08:42 PM
Poor girl hopes to continues to improve.

Thank you.

She has. I picked up a bag of dried plantain a while ago and she jumped up, thumped her feet and did two laps before coming to beg off me :love::love:

I've got Esme back :lol::lol:

Jack's-Jane
10-04-2010, 08:49 PM
Missed this, sorry

I am glad that she has decided not to stress you too much after all !!

Bunny Buddy
10-04-2010, 09:00 PM
Missed this, sorry

I am glad that she has decided not to stress you too much after all !!

Thank you.

I just wish I knew why she got in such a state :? I've just been investing in hutches and aviary so they can get more time outside ... then she says she doesn't like it outside :roll: I will make sure she has bunny company next time though, if I dare try again soon.

donnamt
10-04-2010, 09:01 PM
awwww silly girly probably been sitting up late watching horrors :shock:

glad shes ok now xxxx

Bunny Buddy
10-04-2010, 09:06 PM
awwww silly girly probably been sitting up late watching horrors :shock:

glad shes ok now xxxx

It can't have been any swearing from next door because it was a vicar's tea party :lol::lol: