• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I've been so worried about Esme but she's eating now

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
Trying to do best by the little flower I put her out in the hutch and run this morning, gave her everything she could want ... except feeling safe it would appear :cry::cry::cry:

I kept checking on her and stayed with her the first 20 minutes or so, she was exploring and binkying, so I believed she was alright.

I don't know what happened in between but after about two hours she was really scared and I brought her back in. She's been 'not right' for about three hours, refused all food and kept running away from me :cry::cry: She was even shaking. I wondered if she had hurt herself, she's not limping, she appears okay when she stretches. :?

Thankfully, five minutes ago I had another try at tempting her with raspberry cane and she snatched it, ate it, then went straight to the dried plantain I gave her ages ago ... then the carrot I'd also tried to tempt her with :love::love:

I can't understand how she can have got so upset. DEFINITELY no foxes or cats in the garden. By the time I decided to bring her in there was a lot of noise from next door (about eight people talking and laughing, but not like fireworks or anything extreme). They have a greyhound next door that they didn't have last time she was outside but I have a tall fence - she wouldn't see it, could she smell it 20ft away - would that bother her? I'm wondering if it's simply the loud voices and occasional clattering from next door that scared her so much, she is in a very quiet environment indoors.

*touch wood* she looks like my Esme again now (I did think we'd be doing a trip to the vets later). They are such fragile beasts :cry::cry:

Missed this, sorry

I am glad that she has decided not to stress you too much after all !!

Thank you.

I just wish I knew why she got in such a state :? I've just been investing in hutches and aviary so they can get more time outside ... then she says she doesn't like it outside :roll: I will make sure she has bunny company next time though, if I dare try again soon.

Back