• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ralph's got diarrhea again... :(/ UD Now he looks bloated :(

Candiflare

Mama Doe
Ralph had watery diarrhea last week and I took him to the vets. She gave him an anti-biotic injection and some fibreplex and it cleared up, and now it's happening again. So bad that my OH and I have dried liquid poo down both our fronts from holding him.

Shall I get another emergency vet appointment? Or try to treat this with fibreplex again?

Last edited:
what did the vet think it was hun? whats he been eating? i think with my pet luck i would go back today :oops:. what does your gut say, does he seem poorly? is there alot, dont think ive ever seen bunny diarrea so id be really scared if i didnt go vets asap

what did the vet think it was hun? whats he been eating? i think with my pet luck i would go back today :oops:. what does your gut say, does he seem poorly? is there alot, dont think ive ever seen bunny diarrea so id be really scared if i didnt go vets asap

Thanks guys..

He had this once when he was a baby and once last week, and then now... So I think he is prone to it in some sense, but it's a surprising amount of diarrhea which really makes me worry about dehydration. AND, Ruby is being incredibly out of character and following him around licking and grooming him (which she never does) which makes me think that she knows something is wrong.

Calling the vets now.

How odd. my Picollo has been the same. He had diarrhea 3 weeks or so ago, went to vets stayed there a couple of days, had lots of antibiotic and two weeks later it was back. The vets thought praps they had not covered him with antibiotics long enough for him to completely get over it so he went back again and had more and has been back after 5 days for another jab of antibio. Fingers crossed he seems ok again. Definitely straight back to the vet though. Good luck x

Daisy gets liquid poos if she has had carrots. I would look to try and work out if its something he is eating causing it. Hopefully he gets the okay from the vet.

I have taken him... same again.

Got to work out what it is that gives him liquid poos... he had some dandelions yesterday straight from the garden which had snails all over them, but I washed them really thoroughly... coriander... apple... SS pellets and hay. Unless he ate something in the garden while he was freeranging?

Snowdrop has frequent bouts of diahorea but *touch wood* hasnt had any for over a month now.

Hers is caused by a gut condition that also causes her to have episodes of bloat and stasis.

I find cutting out all veg, loads of hay, SS pellets and some porridge helps when she has an episode.

UD/ Now he looks bloated

He wasn't eating his evening veg when I took it to him,so I took he and Ruby to bed with me tonight. I just turned the light on to take a look at him and he was sitting hunched. When I tried to get him moving he pressed his tummy to the ground. Uh oh. I've just taken him and given him a long tummyrub and he was bending round, licking my hands all the way through which I assume means it was making him feel better. Now he's scampering round again and looks happier.

Oh GOD... and now he has weed all over the bed -not in one patch but in little bits all over the bed like he has no control over it. He ALWAYS wees in one patch and never on the bed. Could this be connected to bloat?

I'm about to call the vet again. Anyone any ideas in the meantime? How can diarrhea turn to bloat so quickly?

Well he's been given fluid, some other medicine which I didn't notice the name of (?) and pain meds and seems to be a lot better. The vet says to keep an eye on him and she will open up our local surgery to give him an abdominal x-ray if he doesn't improve in the next few hours. His "ball" tummy seems to have dispersed since I massaged him, the only problem is that I think he's prone to this and gets it mildly all the time. I just don't know how it can go from diarrhea to bloat so quickly? He seems to swing between the two. Does anybody else's rabbits do this?

Back