• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

could I have some vibes please

biscuitblossom

Warren Veteran
my little nethie ,Frosty, was neutered yesterday and I'm not happy with him this morning.

He's hardly eaten overnight and only done about half a dozen poos ,I shall be calling the vet at 8.30 ,in the meantime hes snuggling with me because he feels cold.

Last edited:
Thanks everybody......we're back from the vets,hes had some more metacam by injection and also metaclopromide and I've got some metacam drops for when the injection wears off.

Fingers crossed he'll perk up soon.

Bless, he must feel very bruised 'down there' :cry:

My Vet recommends Arnica for post castration bruising (aswell as conventional meds) :)

Bless, he must feel very bruised 'down there' :cry:

My Vet recommends Arnica for post castration bruising (aswell as conventional meds) :)

The vet didn't think it was bruised :? she said it was fluid ,not blood and not bruising ,the wounds themselves look nice and dry but at the moment he doesn't look as though hes been castrated hes that swollen :?

The vet didn't think it was bruised :? she said it was fluid ,not blood and not bruising ,the wounds themselves look nice and dry but at the moment he doesn't look as though hes been castrated hes that swollen :?

The actual visible bruising can take a day or so to appear. Morse's plums went purple :shock: They also swelled up like satsumas :cry:

I think some Rabbits can have a reaction to the suturing material/glue aswell. Hopefully it'll settle down with a few days of Metacam.

Just to update before I leave for work......I bought some posh excel hay at the vets ( timothy hay with birch bark) put some in with Frosty and hes eating it .....yay!!

Back