• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nipping bunny

lauramc888

Warren Scout
I have a bunny that I have now had for about 3/4 weeks now, and he is bonded with my bunny I alrady had. Hes a wee netherland dwarf, sooooo cute!! But my question is, he always nips now when he has been held or picked up for longer than 20seconds, even did my cheek the other day, puh! Is there any way to 'train' a bunny not to nip? or should I just accept he isnt going to be a cuddle bun and leave him to it and not pick him up/put him on my knee etc unless I must pick him up to put him in hut ? He is so cute when hes out in the garden, binkying away.

A few of my bunnys are biters, and I don't mean nipping I mean a proper bite!

I'm happy to accept that some bunnys never settle to being held or fussed like some of my other buns, so only pick them up when necessary, and handle food etc around them with caution, as food tends to bring out the worst in some of them.

Like yours though, my more aggressive/nervous bunnies are the happiest little souls when out in the garden and give some spectacular displays of binkying etc:D

Back