• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Looking for new accomodation is driving me insane!

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
I just cant find anything suitable.

It needs to be under £200 and big enough for a pair. I have an 8ft run to attach to what ever I buy.

I want a shed like structure that is only about 4ft high as its to go on the patio so dont want it to be overpowering.

I looked at wendy houses but they are very expensive and I never seem to catch one on ebay.

My latest idea is to adapt a 7ft by 3ft bike shed but I am not sure my DIY skills are good enough to add a window etc to it.

I think I am going to just give in and buy a 6ft happy hutch but I really wanted something I could add a level to and something a bit taller so its easier to clean out.

I have looked at those and they are a little more than I want to pay really, especially since a shed would be half the price!

ETA- plus some of them are only 4ft square and it has to be at least 6ft by 4ft, Strawberry likes his space!

I'm doing a bike shed conversion, for the same reasons as you. My current plan is to cut windows in the doors, and mesh them over, so that it essentially looks like a 2 storey hutch at the front. I'm also going to cut the doors in half to make them stable-style and put a shelf and ramp in, so i can open either the top or the bottom. Will probably leave one of the bottom doors without a window so that there is somewhere to hide in the wind/rain.

Its actually not as difficult as you think to do all this - me and my dad did the wendyhouse in less than a day, and i have no DIY skills either. You can cut the windows out by drilling holes in the corners of each window and a couple along each side, then join them up using a hacksaw. Or hire an electric saw/circular saw for a day?

Have you tried visiting Waltons at Sutton on Trent? It's only a few miles from Newark. The have lots of seconds and ex-display playhouses. I got mine from there for less than £100 :)

Yeah it would but thought you didnt want a shed?

I dont want a shed as they are too tall. It just seems spending more on a wendy house just because I want it shorter!

What I really want is a 6ft by 4ft shed thats 2ft shorter than usual! :lol:

Have you tried visiting Waltons at Sutton on Trent? It's only a few miles from Newark. The have lots of seconds and ex-display playhouses. I got mine from there for less than £100 :)

I didnt know they had a showroom!!!

I think I love you!!!

Gonna go over to Waltons in the morning and see what they have. They are only a few miles from me so collecting isnt a problem if we need to.

Fingers crossed they have some bargain playhouses!!!

how about a 6x2x2 double hutch and then you could attach the run to the bottom tier. Something like this:-
6ftdoublewithramp_s.jpg

how about a 6x2x2 double hutch and then you could attach the run to the bottom tier. Something like this:-
6ftdoublewithramp_s.jpg

Yeh this might be an option. How much are these?

My Mum is driving me bonkers trying to get my Dad to build me a hutch that I can split in 3 so I dont have any bunnies inside when I move! I have told her numerous times its my house but she never listens!

We've just bought a new dog kennel Rach which is being delivered & fitted next Thursday from a place in Sheffield called Shedworld. It's going inside our aviary but I think you could easily attach a run to it.

It's 5ft w x 3ft d x 5 h - it has a sloping roof, a stable door & a perspex window in it for £195 :) It's made from log lap & is fully treated.

Mark is going to put a couple of shelves in it for me. When arrives I'll take a pic for you to see if it's any good for you.

I think you can basically order them to any size you want :)

Back