• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Aww autumn has built her nest!!

brutalbaby

Warren Scout
Awh bless her the rabbit we always thought was a lil boy turns out to be a girl lol... we was told she was a boy by a number of people.. this just proves them wrong.

we woke up yesterday morning to find all of her mane in the hutch in the corner pilled up with lots of straw. Bless her she wants babies and i only another lil girl so it wont be happening :(

who else's Does have started to do this??

she is about 7 months old. i was always told she was a boy she done the things that boys do like the grunting and running around the feet, praying every time my lil girl went near him... but when i saw the nest that just proves it right??

i feel sorry for her though coz that means she is having a phantom pregnancy bless her. :cry:

doesnt ness mean he/she is, shes old enough for a spay though, less chance of cervical cancer,
by 7 months if hes a he you would see plumbs on medium and small breeds by now

Best to get a vet to check your bunnies sex if you are unsure :) Both my girls have grunted and run around my feet, before and after their spays so thats not just something boys do. Scarlett's favorite game is trying to trip people up and she has been spayed a couple of years so :lol: If your bun is a girl and having phantom pregnancies then this usually stops after a spay :)

we did take him to a vet and was told he was male... but im starting to thing other wise now lol... the vet obviously didnt know what he was on about... either that or a boy bunny has been neutered before we got him :S,

But still im so confused lol...

both of them are mounting each other now... i think they are both girls trying to get dominance over each other :shock:

Where did you get them from? You will need to seperate them immediatly to prevent them from mating (surely you realise that buck + doe = babies?) and landing you with a whole lot of problems.

I'd advise getting them neutered ASAP (at 7 months there won't be any doubt if either of them are boys!!) and you'll see the hormonal behaviour diminish. They need spaying anyway if they're girls or chances are they'll develop uterine cancer before they're 3. The hormones may even cause them to fight and seriously hurt each other :(

Last edited:
the lil mini lop Doe is spayed.... they are bonded fine play with each other, running around the garden, always cleaning each other they are fine. thats what makes me think the lion head (the one im confused about) is already done as well coz they are both carm. i got the mini lop from a breeder who told me her sex straight away and the other one we found but we took him to the vets.

the lil mini lop Doe is spayed.... they are bonded fine play with each other, running around the garden, always cleaning each other they are fine. thats what makes me think the lion head (the one im confused about) is already done as well coz they are both carm. i got the mini lop from a breeder who told me her sex straight away and the other one we found but we took him to the vets.

Ah, ok! You'd hope a vet would know, wouldn't you?! :roll: I would say though if she's nest building/mounting that she's unspayed, so it'd be best to get this done.

Where abouts do you live? It may be that someone can recommend a bunny-savvy vet to you. It seems very few vets actually know what they're talking about when it comes to rabbits, so it's important you find one who does.

Im from Gillingham, kent.

i mean i even know how to sex a rabbit coz i double checked destiny (minilop) but Autumn (lionhead) wont let me flip 'it' over... he hates being picked up, fine all the time he is being stroked and sitting next to me but go to pick him up and he kicks so much. and really growls lol. the other one is fine with being handled though coz we have had her since she was 7 weeks old.

Boys have been known for building nests so I wouldn't rush calling Autumn a "she". Either way you probably need to spay/neuter him, so a trip at the vet will tell you once and for all.

so it is quite common for a buck to build a nest??

ive also heard that Doe's arent so friendly as Bucks... and if this is the case it shows between my two coz Destiny is very timid compared to Autumn... she dont mind being picked up obvisouly coz she has been hand reared since a bubba, but she always runs away from me and never plays unlike Autumn, he runs around my feet, he knows hes name, when i dont stroke him he will rear up and lick me... he has much more of a character. :love:

ive also heard that Doe's arent so friendly as Bucks... and if this is the case it shows between my two coz Destiny is very timid compared to Autumn... she dont mind being picked up obvisouly coz she has been hand reared since a bubba, but she always runs away from me and never plays unlike Autumn, he runs around my feet, he knows hes name, when i dont stroke him he will rear up and lick me... he has much more of a character. :love:
All buns have different personalities, but I've also heard that males are more friendly.
I have two sisters and one of them is definitely more eager to come and play than the other and I also have a male french lop who always races to see me and loves attention but I put it down to breed and personality rather than gender.

Back