• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lady Inca "I am not amused" pic !!!

Fluffers

Wise Old Thumper
This just tickled me so thought I'd share it :D

Taken on my phone so not great quality. I'd just introduced her to her new and rather fab binky pad & cosy which arrived this morning :D but she's looking at me as if so say "I'm am not amused!" :lol:

notamusedinca.jpg

Lovely to see Inca so settled in her new home.

I'm really pleased that this fantastic little rabbit, so often overlooked, has landed on her paws. Seeing her in these and the previous pictures you have posted of her makes the fostering I do so rewarding.

I look forward to seeing her life in pictures through this forum.

Please give Inca a noserub for me.

Lovely to see Inca so settled in her new home.

I'm really pleased that this fantastic little rabbit, so often overlooked, has landed on her paws. Seeing her in these and the previous pictures you have posted of her makes the fostering I do so rewarding.

I look forward to seeing her life in pictures through this forum.

Please give Inca a noserub for me.

Settled?!! She's owns the place :lol::lol:

Seriously though, we couldn't have asked for a better, more beautiful house bun. She is so clean & tidy & well behaved (mostly ;)). She's quite a private bunny I think, keeping herself very much to herself, to the point where she is rather particular who she allows herself to spend time with ;)

I actually wonder if she has an aversion to men (I'm saying nothing :p) as she seems far more wary of them but she has unlimited licks for any females that show her a bit of tlc :love: She isn't keen on being picked up and so I limit this to once a day to check her bits n bobs but she now comes out of hiding for tickles and she has full run of the house 24/7. We've had her 7 weeks now and I can see a big change in her already. I think she will continue to relax and come out of herself more and more as she gets to know and trust us. You gave her a wonderful foster home and took great care of her and we are extremely grateful to you for that.

She has definitely found her forever home and no one could love her more than we do :love::love::love:

Settled?!! She's owns the place :lol::lol:

Seriously though, we couldn't have asked for a better, more beautiful house bun. She is so clean & tidy & well behaved (mostly ;)). She's quite a private bunny I think, keeping herself very much to herself, to the point where she is rather particular who she allows herself to spend time with ;)

I actually wonder if she has an aversion to men (I'm saying nothing :p) as she seems far more wary of them but she has unlimited licks for any females that show her a bit of tlc :love: She isn't keen on being picked up and so I limit this to once a day to check her bits n bobs but she now comes out of hiding for tickles and she has full run of the house 24/7. We've had her 7 weeks now and I can see a big change in her already. I think she will continue to relax and come out of herself more and more as she gets to know and trust us. You gave her a wonderful foster home and took great care of her and we are extremely grateful to you for that.

She has definitely found her forever home and no one could love her more than we do :love::love::love:

I guess she hasn't been used to men, she had been with me a number of months and although my adult son was at the time living at home he wouldn't have had anything to do with the bunnies here. Personally I think she just has good taste :lol:

Whilst she was with me she often came into my house as I knew Jill wanted her to go as a housebunny. I thought this would get her used to the sounds and smells in a house so that her new home wouldn't be a shock to her system. Inca was even used to my dog, an elderly retriever, and has been know to claim his bed for herself, the funny thing was that if she was first to the bed he would back off and leave it to her. 1kg bunny faces off 30kg dog :lol::lol: I should just say though that although I trust him completely they were never left alone together.

I guess she hasn't been used to men, she had been with me a number of months and although my adult son was at the time living at home he wouldn't have had anything to do with the bunnies here. Personally I think she just has good taste :lol:

Whilst she was with me she often came into my house as I knew Jill wanted her to go as a housebunny. I thought this would get her used to the sounds and smells in a house so that her new home wouldn't be a shock to her system. Inca was even used to my dog, an elderly retriever, and has been know to claim his bed for herself, the funny thing was that if she was first to the bed he would back off and leave it to her. 1kg bunny faces off 30kg dog :lol::lol: I should just say though that although I trust him completely they were never left alone together.

:lol: Yes I was going with the good taste theory!

I wondered though if she'd had a bad experience with men before she was rescued, bearing in mind where she came from and all that :( Makes me very upset when I think of those awful pictures. I don't know if rabbits have long memories? I know horses do and my lovely mare was mis-treated as a foal and it took her years and years to trust men again but eventually she did :) Animals have an amazing 6th sense and I think they know when someone is trying to look after them. I'm sure Inca knows we love her :love: Our Blue Cross pony Peggy was so frightened when she first arrived just under a year ago but now we sometimes have to get her out of bed in the morning, talk about laid back & chilled out :lol::lol:

That's very funny about the bed thing - I can't wait to tell Chris! She hates being on the cold floors - did you notice that? She'll do anything to avoid going on them and scuttles across the kitchen floor to her feeding/loo station (which I've had to put on some old carpet!). I've also never seen her properly lie down which surprises me. I was worried that she was cold but I don't think that can be the problem do you? She really enjoyed the sun coming through the patio doors today 8)

Yes, she was the same here, didn't like the bare floors, used to rug hop, probalby the reason she liked the dogs bed so much. Ironically I used to have to nethies as house rabbits and although they had the free run of the house they wouldn't move off the fleece that was on the floor for them. Inca is actually the image of one of them and on several occasions when I wasn't concentrating properly I called her by the wrong name. Luckily enough she didn't mind. This is a picture of my nethie Pip :love: who sadly died last Easter, perhaps you can see why I have such a soft spot for Inca.
IMG_0137.jpg

And Inca's 'friend' Brodie
DSC00269Standarde-mailview.jpg

I wonder if its a nethie thing that they just like the comforts in life and consider it beneath them to have to sit on cold floors:lol::lol:

Yes, she was the same here, didn't like the bare floors, used to rug hop, probalby the reason she liked the dogs bed so much. Ironically I used to have to nethies as house rabbits and although they had the free run of the house they wouldn't move off the fleece that was on the floor for them. Inca is actually the image of one of them and on several occasions when I wasn't concentrating properly I called her by the wrong name. Luckily enough she didn't mind. This is a picture of my nethie Pip :love: who sadly died last Easter, perhaps you can see why I have such a soft spot for Inca.
IMG_0137.jpg

And Inca's 'friend' Brodie
DSC00269Standarde-mailview.jpg

I wonder if its a nethie thing that they just like the comforts in life and consider it beneath them to have to sit on cold floors:lol::lol:

Oh wow I thought that WAS Inca til I read your message :lol: So sorry about Pip :cry: He looks like he really enjoyed his hay, Inca is less fussed about it :roll: Brodie looks like a real gentle giant :love:

Yes I really feel that Inca believes that she is "above" most things and that she intends to get used to being treated in the manner in which she would like to become accustomed to :lol::lol:

So pleased to see the lovely pics of Inca and her binky cushion on the forum.

My rabbits don't go on the lino floor in the kitchen. I think they know that they can't get good traction and so prefer not to venture on it.

I adopted my two house bunnies from a rescue in 2008 and I am amazed at the length of time it has taken them to 'unpack' emotionally. Rabbits do seem to have long memories and I think that you will find that her Ladyship continues to develop and evolve while she is in your care.

So pleased to see the lovely pics of Inca and her binky cushion on the forum.

My rabbits don't go on the lino floor in the kitchen. I think they know that they can't get good traction and so prefer not to venture on it.

I adopted my two house bunnies from a rescue in 2008 and I am amazed at the length of time it has taken them to 'unpack' emotionally. Rabbits do seem to have long memories and I think that you will find that her Ladyship continues to develop and evolve while she is in your care.

:lol::lol: I'm loving her reputation, soooo fitting. She was sat in her litter tray this morning staring at her empty food bowl as if to say "honestly, what does one have to do to get a decent meal around here?!"

Yes I think you're right and it's comforting to know that she's not unusual in not wanting to go on the hard/cold floors. She is much more relaxed with me now (most of the time) but yesterday my parents came to visit, they would have loved to have seen her for a tickle and nose rub but she refused to come out from under the sofa the whole time they were here :(

Never mind! Inca will be winning her grandparents over in no time! I stay at my parents and the bunnies free range in their front room. My Dad feeds them raisins as treats!

Back