• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how do i know if hes greiving?

donnamt

Wise Old Thumper
he looks so tiny in his room all alone, he never moved before so i dont know why im confused. he dont look sad but he does to me :oops: and he buzzes and circles when i go up to check on him.

he had a full belly of veg this morning, did his usual hunt for leaves in the hay and is now lying full stretch.

how do i know if its greif, loneliness or just me projecting my pain onto him?

hes no more fussy infact he leaves the room when i go to sit with him.

he should be snuggling with pearl now but hes all alone :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Oh noes! Pearl's gone? I wasn't online much yesterday so I think I must have missed some bad news. :cry: I'm so sorry.

When I lost Marge, I couldn't tell if Barley was grieving either. He's always been anti-social with people but he started to lunge and try to bite so I took that as a hint that he wasn't very happy.

Maybe just try to keep Alvin busy with lots of toys and hide little treats about his pen for him to encourage him to keep busy.

I don't really know what else to suggest. :(

yeah she refused brekkie and was really struggling so i took her to the vets yesterday to let her go :cry::cry::cry::cry:

hes never been a people fan, hes never been a toy player, hes ignored the teddy i put in for him :(

hes a tough one to bond too, hes so hump happy im not sure theres another rabbit out there that wont just fight him instead of run away like pearl did. and on top of it all.. i dont know if hes sad or not :cry::cry::cry:

Do you think maybe he knew how sick Pearly was? And kinda 'knows' where she's gone?

Awwwhh, I'm so very sorry. :( You must be absolutely devastated. From what I've seen of your posts about Pearl, she was very much loved and had the best possible life. So many would have given up with such a poorly bun. You did your best for her and I'm sure she's binkying about over the bridge right now. I wish I could say something more to help but I'm not very good at this sort of thing.

I guess, as far as Alvin goes, all you can really do is keep an eye on him and make sure he's eating and behaving like usual. Barley went off his food when Marge went and I had to tempt him to eat again with all sorts of naughty treats. Hopefully that won't happen with Alvin.

Sending lots of love and hugs for both of you. :love:

When oscar died int he night we found bif sitting lone about two feet away from the crate door. then we saw her go into the crate and try and wake him up. we put his body on a clean bath towel and she came over and kept nudging and licking him to try to see why he wouldnt move..but when she looked at me i know it sounds daft but it was like she knew but just ddint want to accept it.
she got lower and lower in herself..shes never been a people bunny either..and finally on the fifht day she sstopped even trying to move..she refused to come out of the dog crate..turned her nose up at food etc. my brother had come over from bognor and he said omg shes laid down to die..and she had.
just then jo turned up with bertie to borrow to see if he could help her...he lost his missus 5 motnhs earlier.
he went up to her and wahsed her like he was trying to wash away her pain..and she responded to it too..made us cry.
but then she turned territotial on him a few hours later. it got her eating drinking moving and i do truly belive he saved her life. when bandit was dying and we didnt know she wouldnt snuggle with him or have anyhting to do with him but sat nearish him looking at us. then we realsied omg hes dying.
when he had been pts i popped her ont he table to be with his body..she sniffed him once and then jumped into my arms snuggling right up under my chin. she was very very quiet for a while but somehow her and bertie who was grieving for willow still..rebonded themselves.
willow died here so i guess it was easier to tell the response.

i think we are grieving as much as them..they try not to show it as its weakness that may make them too distracted to see predators. but they do grieve...like people each int heir own way.

just see how he goes...take one step at a time.

theres nothing else you can do.....time is the only thing you have on your side in these times xxxxx

Back