• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

bunny sitter - just found this on Mitzy

Bitzy

Mama Doe
I really don't know tbh ....... I'm just 'fostering' her at the moment until she goes to her 'forever home' so I have no medical history on her or anything .... and I'm a complete newbie at looking after rabbits too, which doesn't help.

Hhhm thinking about it, she's been with me for about a month now, if it were due to an injection, would it have shown up before now?? (unless I just didn't spot it before!?).

Is there anything I can do for her? Amongst the things she arrived with was a pot of vaseline and some Sudocrem ... do you think her previous owners coul have been putting those on it? It does look really quite dry and she has a little bald patch.

Last edited:
I really don't know tbh ....... I'm just 'fostering' her at the moment until she goes to her 'forever home' so I have no medical history on her or anything .... and I'm a complete newbie at looking after rabbits too, which doesn't help.

Are you Fostering her for a Rescue ? If so they should know.

If not then can you contact her previous owner and ask ?

The skin looks to be healing and from the photos it does not look infected. I'd just keep an eye on it and if it starts to look 'angry' or if it bothers her alot I'd get a Vet to take a look. But as I say, going on those photos it appears to be healing.

Ooh I just edited my last post and it must have crossed with yours.

I got her from my boss - he needed a new home for her and my step-daughter wanted a bunny for her little boy, but she lives a 2 hour journey from us so getting her and the hutch and the run over there is a bit of an issue, especially as OH's van has packed up!

My boss is away on holiday for a couple of weeks so I can't ask til he gets back.

Glad you think it looks like its healing, I'll keep a close eye on her.

Back