• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Walnuts Palace Construction *Lots of Pics* - U/D Moving In

wally4eva

Mama Doe
Over the last few weeks me and my dad have been working very hard on a Bunny Palace for Walnut and his 'to be' wife/friends.
I have taken quite a few pictures over the time and thought if I put them on her they would help other people with ideas like how I got my ideas.

The Outside -

Last Week
2aaj5fc.jpg

2w32hp5.jpg

a2bvyu.jpg

begap.jpg

14x2deo.jpg

2lm2yr4.jpg

Now
1z4lgu0.jpg

10wuurn.jpg

ou9swj.jpg

Sorry about dads back in the corner:lol:

Last edited:
Inside

More :D

The Inside -

Shelf 1
250uh5y.jpg

1z6zar8.jpg

2nl8vm0.jpg

sg32x3.jpg

Ignore Dad again:p
2d9d3tg.jpg

Shelf 2
205b7u9.jpg

124khfc.jpg

s10n88.jpg

Storage Shelf
2qk1mrs.jpg

2j0egpt.jpg

Lino is still to go in :D
There will be a hideaway place at the back under self one and there will be ramps.
And there wil be a mesh barrier put on the top shelf. Do you think I need one on the bottom shelf (2ft up)??

Overall I am really pleased with it :D

I would love to know what you think and please suggest any improvements :)

Thanks

Last edited:
Dimensions

Thought I would add some dimensions to give a feel of the size.
Its an irregular shape-
13.7ft - 16.2ft - 8.4ft - 15.3ft

That looks ace. Lucky buns:D

How are you getting round the tree-in-run situation as far as the roof is concerned?

Just interested cos I have the option to add an extra few square feet if I can figure it out:roll::lol:

How are you getting round the tree-in-run situation as far as the roof is concerned?

Just interested cos I have the option to add an extra few square feet if I can figure it out:roll::lol:

I'll take a picture now and put it on when I come back on the computer:)

Oooh lucky buns.

Sorry if I've missed something but are they going to be locked away at night or what protection have you put in to stop them digging out or a fox digging in ?

Looks fab though - wish I had the space for an enclosure like that :D

Oooh lucky buns.

Sorry if I've missed something but are they going to be locked away at night or what protection have you put in to stop them digging out or a fox digging in ?

Looks fab though - wish I had the space for an enclosure like that :D

Well I am probably going to lock them in the shed at night. To prevent from foxes and cats getting in we have dug mesh in to certain places (like by the fence) to quite deep.

Thank you everyone :D

it looks fantastic.....i bet you cant wait for it to be finished! i am so impatiant when it comes to waiting for things to be ready.......i,m a bit jealous :lol:

Some pics -
10zts9x.jpg

2w5qfrs.jpg

We cut a line into the mesh then a hole for the tree, we then managed to get the hole round the tree and covered up the line we cut in with another bit of mesh over the top.

Now some more pics of the inside with lino in from today -
nz579k.jpg

2nd shelf with a view out of the window.
raqc8h.jpg

Both shelfs with the hideaway area and rabbit sized hole into it.
jrrz9d.jpg

Shelf for storage.
24xiaf8.jpg

Hideaway place.
vor8l1.jpg

Finally the catflap.

Last edited:
it looks fantastic.....i bet you cant wait for it to be finished! i am so impatiant when it comes to waiting for things to be ready.......i,m a bit jealous :lol:

Yes I am really impacient I can't wait for Walnut to move in.

Thank you :D

I haven't beeen able to come on here for more than 10 mins for the past few days so here are some pics of the finished product and Walnut moving in.
Inside:
2lizdao.jpg

sy2ww0.jpg

2dllqab.jpg

flefmg.jpg

And the outside with Walnuts stuff moved in:
2h6bqzc.jpg

The grass isn't fully grown yet but its nearly there.
2a7hohv.jpg

Caught his bottom!!!
21djyph.jpg

Mid stride, not a very good pic. I could'nt get any of his binkies their to fast :lol:
2hwfyib.jpg

And another!!
imjln6.jpg

Another view of his things.
6p2dko.jpg

Exploring his new tunnel.
301108g.jpg

Learning to use his catflap. - I managed to get it to stay up with a stick holding it while he learns :D
nfo9z4.jpg

Finnally one of cute bunny feet relaxing after a long day binkying and exploring his new home.

Sorry there are soooo many pics:oops: I got a bit carried away. You know how it is:p

thats fantastic and the shelves look great.......i think thats my next job! :lol:
are you planning on gettng a friend for him? :)

thats fantastic and the shelves look great.......i think thats my next job! :lol:
are you planning on gettng a friend for him? :)

Yes I have emailed a few rescues already:D. Its going to be really hard choosing just one bunny friend for him, all the bunnies in rescues are just sooo adorable!!!:love:

Back