• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Still covering up your bunny at night?

clarebear

Mama Doe
Just wondered if you are still covering up your rabbits at night, and giving them a snuggle pad?

Now the weather is warmer I thought maybe it was time to take the corrugated roof of Bramble's run, and stop covering him up every night.

I cover them every night because there are foxes in the area and I don't want them to see it if it does come back in the garden. I haven't given them a snugglesafe since the last of the snowy weather though.

I've had Dexter back out for about six weeks now. She's in a coop so not much in the way of draughts but i keep the door to the ramp half closed (she's tiny and can seriously fit through a 3 inch gap!!) she goes crazy if I cover her because she likes to see whats going on. She's been so happy since going back out so I guess the weathers not bothering her at all.

I got my bun room windows open all day & I might start leaving them open all night from this weekend:D

I only use a snugglesafe below freezing, so we are DEFINITELY not using that anymore.

I am keeping their runs covered to protect from the rain, but none of their hutche fronts are being covered anymore unless we get cold again. Mine are hardy hardy :D

Mmmm think I will keep Bramble covered up for now as it's still pretty chilly at night, but will stop using the sungglesafe.

I asked the same question only last week :wave::)

I have stopped using the snugglesafe but they still have the covers down at night.

I have also taken all the corrugated plastic off the top of their run as it is see-through and makes it like a greenhouse for them. Think very soon we are going to have to move their hutch out of the shed as it is getting really quite warm in there now...

Bramble still has his corrugated roof on his run, incase of rain. I've had to put a sunshade over him today.....so nice to see the sun shinning! :D

They haven't been getting snugglesafes for weeks now, but i cover them over with tarpaulin even in summer because of the foxes :evil:

I put the tarpaulin down still to stop them being scared if a fox or cat comes through the garden. I do feel a bit mean though as they always sit in the corner with the best view out of the hutch so they obviously like looking out.

It's really warm in the daytime but, the night temperature is still chilly down south so I am covering Jingle and Ness is still in the shed at night, also I heard a fox the other night - probably attracted by the breeding stacks down the road:roll::evil:

As I've over 40 hutches to cover at night and open in the morning it'll make a big difference to me if I needn't do it any more. Tonight I waivered half way through so some are down and some are up. It is cloudy so it shouldn't be too cold tonight.
The piggies who have only just moved outside are all covered.

Back