• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can anyone recommend any good (cheap!) scales?

emsie_81

Young Bun
Hello, can anyone recommend me some decent scales that aren't too expensive? I need to start weighing Holly every week to see if there are any long term patterns to her weight. She's a dental bun and after putting weight on after her last dental a few weeks ago she's lost weight again in between her myxi and VHD jabs. :(

Depends what you mean by 'cheap'. I bought my baby scales from Ebay for £30 but if I'd bid on lots of them I could probably have got them a lot cheaper. There are lots of new ones on Ebay - just keep bidding and you should be lucky.

How big is Holly? I use my digital kitchen scales from Argos for Santa, you can put a tub on top and then zero it before putting the bun in - you just need to be able to peep under the tub to read the weight. They were the cheapest digital ones in the catalogue (a couple of years ago now) and weigh to the gram so are brilliant for catching subtle signs of weight loss :)

Back