• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Alvin & Holly - bit of a nightmare but they are home :D

donnamt

Wise Old Thumper
totally normal today. when will the grief hit him do you think?

hes buzzing me, hes eating well and grooming himself. not gave him brekkie yet i dunno why im abit scared of the veg today :oops:

why isnt he pining :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Last edited:
:(:(

I've read that some buns don't really grieve - it affects them all in different ways, much like us I guess. It doesn't mean he didn't love Pearl, but he's just dealing with her absence in a different way.

How are you doing?

It may take him a little while to realise that she is really gone or he may just not be that affected by it. All bunnies are individuals like us and are affected in different ways. Hopefully he will continue to do well though as you don't want him going in to stasis.

When Bug's lost Joey she didn't seem bothered at all at first.

She only appeared lonely after about 3 weeks and then still only when we had been out at work all day. It wasn't until I got Alfie and I saw her perk up I realised she had been missing a friend but in her own way.

Hope you are doing OK Donna x

With her being so ill, he probably knew it was coming, so it was not expected. She hasn't just disappeared either, he has seen and understood where she has gone. He has a lot of understanding about the situation so that's probably why he is doing ok.

How are you doing?

im regretting it now. im trying to pretend shes still here but its not working... i didnt think it would hurt this bad after preparing myself for so long... i know she was ready but i wasnt and i want her back :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

restless too, i usually go back to bed for a while after med time if im off work.. woke up 6.30 dead and realised no more med time, no more veg time no more hand feeding pellet time. no more tooth purring and no more grooms :cry::cry:

Alvin tolerates me just about if i give him food, he glares at me suspiciously when i try to sit with him :cry::cry:

how are you hun??

Hugs to both of you I always find waking up the morning after excruciatingly painful :( Im so glad Alvin seems to be taking it ok which is good news!

They each have their own way of grieving and like us show it differently..but i believe every bun does grieve.
being ill for so long he knew..and when she was in her last bit of life he would have stepped back a bit already..its very subtle to see but they do.

he may be ok or he maybe putting on a brave face. sad to say some buns seem to thrive after a death of a bossy partner.they grieve for a day or a week then become a diff bunny.

some buns lay down to die with grief...just because he isnt doing that..hes not not grieving...he is but hes also trying to make you feel better..he can feel the grief and sorrow in you and he is doing his best to make things normal and carrying on for you.

hugs for you both....its such a wrench:cry: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Don't worry about it donnamt. I'm more than relieved that his tummy is behaving today.

You have done all possible to help Alvin come to terms with Pearl's illness & passing.
As said before, bunnies are different in how they show their feelings.
It's possible that he went through the worst when she was very ill before Christmas.
I don't know how bunnies think, only that it's very different from humans.

i cant sit with him, i just keep crying.

he does seem really dull, his eyes look sad :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

they had two years together, must of felt like a lifetime to him

Miffy went really withdrawn when Claude died:( She was on her own for 2 weeks then i got Vinnie,obviously i lost them both last year:(

Miffy went really withdrawn when Claude died:( She was on her own for 2 weeks then i got Vinnie,obviously i lost them both last year:(

i already know he needs a partner, my problem is i will be without transport after sunday and i really want to stick with hopper haven for my bunnies..

i just feel so evil, i cant make him happy and i cant walk to hopper haven itd take a week and public transport takes hours aswell.. i cant even sit with him right now and i cant provide what will make him happy and obviously i couldnt fix Pearl :cry::cry::cry::cry:

i dont know how long he needs to greive either :?:?:?

its not supposed to be this hard is it :cry::cry:

I'm sorry :(

Try not to be hard on yourself Donna, you are a fantastic mum to Alvin, just as you were to Pearl. I'm sure you'll be able to find a partner for him when the time is right.

Sending hugs.

im regretting it now. im trying to pretend shes still here but its not working... i didnt think it would hurt this bad after preparing myself for so long... i know she was ready but i wasnt and i want her back :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

restless too, i usually go back to bed for a while after med time if im off work.. woke up 6.30 dead and realised no more med time, no more veg time no more hand feeding pellet time. no more tooth purring and no more grooms :cry::cry:

Alvin tolerates me just about if i give him food, he glares at me suspiciously when i try to sit with him :cry::cry:

how are you hun??

*big hugs*

It can be so hard for us, but try to hold onto the fact that you knew it was right for her and you know you did absolutely the best for her. You can't have done anymore.

It may feel very wretched for you, but with time hopefully you will get some comfort in the future when you think back to your decision.

You're being very hard on yourself and that's probably due to the grief aspect as well. Try to give yourself a break. You're doing the very best you can do and that's all anyone can do. To be honest, I feel an inferior owner compared to you, so whilst you feel a bad owner, that is not what is actually true at all- sometimes being in a situation prevents you from seeing the real truth. The real truth is you are, and always will be, an awesome owner, because you care so much.

With Alvin and finding him a friend, could anyone in your area help out with transport if you wanted to do something sooner than you could at the moment?

I'm yeh, ok thanks. That may sound callous but I'm just relieved he didn't die a distressing death (this was my absolute worst fear) and that I got the time right. I've been grieving for him for weeks and now I feel peaceful for him. Yes, I miss him, but only as if he is in a different room, not as if he is gone forever and I'm not facing that gut wrenching grief pain; I've already done that over the past few weeks. The Dopeys are both fine too (I think they knew).

he wont let me comfort him :cry::cry::cry:

just went and sat on the bed with him and he ran through to the other room and stood there glaring at me :cry::cry::cry:

just went and sat on the bed with him and he ran through to the other room and stood there glaring at me :cry::cry::cry:

Aw hun :( If its any comfort I haven't touched Lolly since Lionel left us, she was never great with humans anyway and she just doesn't want to know, sometimes I think she blames me for him leaving :cry: Big hugs, I hope things start to improve soon hun xxxx

Try to give him time, and also give yourself time. He may be picking up on how wretched you are feeling.

Keep talking here if you need to.

Try to give him time, and also give yourself time. He may be picking up on how wretched you are feeling.

Keep talking here if you need to.

i will :cry::cry::cry: where else can i go :oops::oops::oops:
just had a lovely offer in PM for transport so i can worry about one less thing hopefully :love::love:

Back