• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is my bunny in love with a dog??

ash&crystal

Alpha Buck
my bunny ash is a bit aggresivee (see previous posts) but my dog georgie who is a bllack springer/labroudor seems to be my bunnys love. when we first got ash georgie came straight over invesigated and started licking his ears she lies with him and gets protectve, she also grooms him (licking him) ash seems to enjoy this and doesnt get frightened not once has georgie tried to bite him or anything aggresive like that she has been spayed so cant have pups , is this her motherly instincts kicking in. or are the in love, he will attack your hand if you put it i his hutch but if you put georgies face in he goes straight up and licks her nose.

Last edited:
aw thats sweet. I do think buns can bond with dogs.
my bunnies all trust and love my labrador, she gives thier heads big licks and they chin her paws after she has been for a walk. bunnies reward my doggiie by leaving delicious bunny raisins on the floor for her to hoover up:lol::lol:

my bunny ash is a bit aggresivee (see previous posts) but my dog georgie who is a bllack springer/labroudor seems to be my bunnys love. when we first got ash georgie came straight over invesigated and started licking his ears she lies with him and gets protectve, she also grooms him (licking him) ash seems to enjoy this and doesnt get frightened not once has georgie tried to bite him or anything aggresive like that she has been spayed so cant have pups , is this her motherly instincts kicking in. or are the in love, he will attack your hand if you put it i his hutch but if you put georgies face in he goes straight up and licks her nose.

Why would you risk putting your dogs face in if the rabbit attacks your hand? Luckily the rabbit hasn't attacked the dogs nose, I think the rabbit is more likely to be submissive as it is a prey animal and a dog is a predator. I am sure some can get along but, I would always remain vigilant and never leave them unsupervised. I also wouldn't encourage the dog to invade the rabbits space/hutch at all or vice versa all animals need an area which is unconditionally their safe zone.:)

i didnt put her face in she came and i was holding ash, so they werent in any danger. i would never leave them unsupervised either.:D:D

yes vickie one of our trustees has a dog that is very good with bunnies and used to love daisy and mopsey who were both house bunnies. He'd try and nick their carrots too. Interaction with dogs I think very much depends on the dog in question.

Oscar is a solo bunny as he is too aggressive with other buns and has a few failed bondings behind him.

He does, however, love Spikes company (my shih tzu) and runs over to greet him when he comes into the room and throws himself over into a complete flop next to Spike when they lie down.

Back