• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can anyone recommend a good...

Hello, I use Milton sterilising fluid (diluted) once a week for the bowls and bottles - just soak them for half an hour.

For their accommodation I am afraid I just use a disinfectant spray from Pets at Home (not my favourite place, but it just happened to be where we bought it at the time).

:)

Helen

Should i be using something like Milton on the bowls? I just put their food and water bowls in the dish washer alongside mine:oops:

I use wilkinsons own pet cage cleaner to do litter trays and bowls, and then a mixture of vinegar and the cage cleaner once a week on the floor of their room

Should i be using something like Milton on the bowls? I just put their food and water bowls in the dish washer alongside mine:oops:

I just wash the bowls up too - I would use Milton if I had more than one pair of buns, and was swapping bowls between them.

Should i be using something like Milton on the bowls? I just put their food and water bowls in the dish washer alongside mine

If you only have one pair of buns then I don't really see a need to disinfect regularly. I only disinfect mine because I have multiple pairs with identical food bowls.

For hutches/cages I tend to just use a white vinegar solution. Every now and then I use jeyes fluid but its gotta be good weather so it can ventilate and dry out properly.

I just put my own buns dishes throught the dishwasher and use a very weak bleach solution on the laminate flooring in their base - and lots of elbow grease!!:lol::lol:
The the sanctuary I volunteer at uses Milton for bottles and bowls (well rinsed) and Vircon on any really dirty areas, or if an animal has been very ill.

Back