• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Helped someone with a bonding

Santa

Wise Old Thumper
Was asked if I could help someone bond 2 female bunnies that they had rescued from someone else. They had them both spayed earlier in the year so on Friday I commandeered Lou (Louise and Gus) and we headed off, gardening gloves and apple puree at the ready. After much initial humping, things calmed down well and by the time we went home, there had been a little grooming from both buns although still some bickering. We reassured them that everything was normal and left strict instructions on how to proceed. The owners followed them to the letter, keeping me updated on how it was going and today I received an email with these photos :)

daffandrosie3.jpg

daffandrosie2.jpg

The owners are chuffed to bits that their bunnies can now live together and hopefully in a couple of weeks once the bond is fully established they will move into a lovely 5ft double storey hutch and run. They will have twice as much space as they had before and will no doubt be much happier. And she's going to make a donation to the Rabbit Residence rescue (www.rabbitresidence.org.uk) to say 'thank you'. And I'd like to say many thanks to Lou for all her help...once again :)

:D

its soo good when it goes right.......it reminds me of my 2 girls and when i bonded them. (even tho it was only about 3 wks ago) i can still feel the nerves now! :lol:
they look lovely! :love:

Back