• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much time

Rachel89

Mama Doe
A day do you spend with your rabbit.

As in holding, cluddleing strokeing etc.

Mainly for people with bonded rabbits.

:)

I am always popping outside unless i am out obviously. I like to just watch them in the runs :love: Sadly we dont do much of the holding, cuddling here :roll:

Bramble is right next to the back door, so can see us, and we try to go out as much as possible. I still feel so guilty when he looks sad at me :(

Charlie lives in my bedroom... So hours and hours a day. it was the same when he was bonded

Not much at all, sometimes just to feed, check over etc...they are bonded so prefer each other to me anyway :lol: :lol: I don't think they really care one way or another :roll:

All the spare time I have! :love:

I LOVE sitting and watching the outside buns in their runs, especially a day like today when they were all really enjoying the sunshine :love:

We don't 'cuddle' them much as most of them aren't keen on that. They get their checks each day bums etc) but that's about as much as many of them are happy to put up with.

For the few that don't mine being handled, they do get subjected to cuddles from mummy and daddy most days! :oops:

I only have one bunny that really enjoys humans cuddling him and I would say that I spend about 30 minutes per day holding him and giving him noserubs. The others just like treats and pets, they don't like to be held very often so I just leave them be unless they let me know they would like some love:love: I do spend a few hours a day sitting with them and just enjoying their company though. They are better than TV:lol:

Between one and two hours in the morning kind of playing with them, but I am getting ready for work and stuff at the same time so its not constant attention mainly I just talk to them and stop in between doing things to have a cuddle or something

In the evening about six or seven hours I am in the same room as them. I probably spend about 2 hours actually on the floor with them cuddling them and doing their massages and stuff. The rest of the time I will have the rats on my lap on the sofa because they like being cuddled too, or I might be doing other things depending on which room we are in but if they come over for attention I will stop what I am doing and give them more attention. Trip does that quite a lot but Scarlett isn't too bothered with sitting on me or cuddling up. My two are inside now but they got the same amount of attention when they were outdoor buns so nothing has changed for them really. I am unsure if they will be going back outside though so :)

Saturday and Sunday they have the entire day with me, if I go out on the weekend its in the evening but its fine because they have had the whole day instead

My bun is a solo bun, so I let him out at 8am and gave nose rubs and checked him over, hand fed some dandelion to him. Went out again at 9am and he came running over for more nose rubs, chased me up and down whilst I put the washing out on the line, had more nose rubs etc. He gets attention of some sort or other for about half the day I would say. He is an unusually human friendly bun though, he actively tries to jump on you for cuddles and will be happy being carried about as long as you cuddle him.

Hate me but - hardly any:oops:

I feed veg/hay & water in a morning & put anybun in a run as necessary before work. Takes me about 20 mins.

At tea time, I do the same/swap runs/open back door so they can free range in garden or living room - I'm with 'em but busy doing other stuff.

At bed time I shout 'em in & that's when I do my checking/brushing/feeding/playing/litter trays. So 45 mins at a minimum, & sometimes up to an hr&half.

I have 2 singles at present (hopefully one will be bonded into a trio this weekend),& the other is an ill temp bun - I do try & spend more time with them, but Suki isn't a people-bun - the sooner she's bonded the better:D

Jose and Rainbow get more attention as they are let out in the living room of a night (which is where we sit) but Paddy and Peaches are let out in the kitchen/diner so they dont get as much. P&P arent very human orientated so i dont think it bothers them to be honest. We leave the kitchen door open but with a baby gate across it, so i can still see them and talk to them and they can see us though. Each time i go into the kitchen I go over to give them a nose rub or 2 - they dont do cuddles :roll:

Mine are in the kitchen at the moment with a gate across as they were chewing the furniture in the spare room and I was worried about stasis :roll: It's actually working out really well as we're spending much more time with them, not necessarily cuddling etc as I'm not sure how much they really like that, Wilm's not a cuddle bun, although really really friendly, and Debbie will cuddle all day but is absolutely terrified. They're free range all day and we spend time with them as and when we're home, whether it's just a quick nose rub, or brushing them for a while, or just sitting and watching. Wilm loves to play with his ball so we usually do that for a while too :)

Virtually no 'quality' time socializing with them, just however long it takes to clean, feed, water, medicate everybun.

My lounge bunnies do get a bit more interaction because I let them free-range whilst I'm in there doing stuff.

Not that much, just feeding, cleaning out and putting them away really and they're not that fussed. I spend more time with Alvin and Piglet though as they're in my room

As much as possible. All my buns bar one are happy to be cuddled and will watch tv with me for hours. With 9 though it gets rotated so each bun gets a couple of hours a week.

Back