• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Imo...

JessieP

Young Bun
...a certain thread should not be locked as we have the right to have answers to our questions and the forum is the only way possible.

As the forum mods and admin allow unregulated fundraisers they should allow people to find out where their money is/has gone.

Locking the thread is a really poor thing to do at this stage. It should have been moderated a long time ago.

Any way IMO, obviously

Leanne in another locked thread which was opened after the other thread was locked has said

When Tamsin logs on she will take a look and decide what action to take next.

I suggest if anyone has ANY issues concerning anything within the thread they PM Tamsin or one of us mods.

I also suggest you send a PM to the fundraising member if you have bought tickets to ask what she plans to do.

Please do not open any more threads as I will just have to keep locking them when an argument/insults ensue.

If you have any queries please folllow what has been requested.

None of us have been online and now im on I have 3 threads to deal with, locking them all first and then trawling through all the pages is the best thing to do before more insults and attacks are made.

The thread may be reopened once admin and us mods have gone through the posts, replied to PMs and spoken to the OP.

They have NOT been locked to sweep everything under the carpet. They have been locked so we can wade through and see what has been going on. Opening more threads to complain after I have already posted for people to contact us via PM is just making the process even longer.

The thread may be reopened once admin and us mods have gone through the posts, replied to PMs and spoken to the OP.

admin spoke a number of days ago with op, and the fundraiser was allowed to continue

i think we should all be told why it was allowed to continue

lots of people have given money on this .

You have my sympathy at the moment Leanne. It's ridiculous that it has got to the stage where instead of just sorting out the problem, you have to sort out people whinging about the problem, and people complaining about the way you are sorting out the problem, and people complaining that it's not being done quick enough -Mods are volunteers, AND they're not magic, it's all well and good banging on about accountability, but at the end of the day, short of getting the police involved, how do people expect them to make this person give their money back?!

You have my sympathy at the moment Leanne. It's ridiculous that it has got to the stage where instead of just sorting out the problem, you have to sort out people whinging about the problem, and people complaining about the way you are sorting out the problem, and people complaining that it's not being done quick enough -Mods are volunteers, AND they're not magic, it's all well and good banging on about accountability, but at the end of the day, short of getting the police involved, how do people expect them to make this person give their money back?!

Apart form the point that as admin was aware early on there were concerns and chose to let the raffle continue, and apart from the fact that a lot of people may have lost a lot of money both before and after admin was aware of the concerns, and apart from the fact that admin allowed this to continue even though the raffle clearly did not meet many of the funraising rules set out by admin, IMO I would have thought admin and mods would welcome a frank and constructive discussion on this to do all they can to support the people who may have lost money and to prevent this problem from ever occuring again.

If (and only if) a scam has occured then yes the police should be involved and admin should do all they can to assist. they did allow the raffle to continue after concerns and despite the rules they set up were not all followed.

IMO

But starting umpteen threads is not helpful, Leanne has said they are wading through the threads and taking appropriate action. It would be easier if they could just focus on the original thread, instead of all these additional ones that have popped up!

But starting umpteen threads is not helpful

This is the only thread open on this subject I am aware of (do correct me if I am wrong). As other threads were locked at a time of asking legitamate refund questions and there has been no further information from mods/admin for a number of days and no further comms from the original OP, I feel strongly this issue needs to remain open and at the front of peoples minds so it does not get forgotten or swept under the carpet (to quote a mod). A rough count suggests several hundred pounds has been given. I do not think most people can afford to loose money like this.

This is the only thread open on this subject I am aware of (do correct me if I am wrong). As other threads were locked at a time of asking legitamate refund questions and there has been no further information from mods/admin for a number of days and no further comms from the original OP, I feel strongly this issue needs to remain open and at the front of peoples minds so it does not get forgotten or swept under the carpet (to quote a mod). A rough count suggests several hundred pounds has been given. I do not think most people can afford to loose money like this.
Plus as well as losing money, some people ... self included...... may be reluctant to participate in future fundraisers. It's a shame but I don't want to throw away my hard-earned money.

really pleased to see the raffle is back on credit to admin for confirming the donation with Wood green and i hope loads more will now be raised

without putting a downer on things and at the risk of being booed what can be done to stop problems in the future?

This forum is a valuable resource and members need to feel secure with any fundraising activity plus people running fundraisers should be allowed to fundraise if genuine

good job on resolving things tho!

Back