• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

WANTED: Giant Rabbit(s) in Glasgow/Scotland

Hi,

I've almost finished converting a greenhouse frame in to a fully purpose built rabbit hutch and run (I have removed all the glass - don't want the rabbits to over-heat!). I'm also waiting on the arrival of new hutches to store in my garage that will allow me to have a slightly warmer area, primarily as a backup/medical bay type idea, but also with potential for fostering rabbits needing rehomed.

I am desperate to get a couple of giant rabbits, but it seems nearly impossible to find them in Scotland?

Anyone got any suggestions? Or am I going to have to work out a way to transport them from elsewhere?

I'd prefer British Giants I think, as I'm a little pickier with the Conti breeds. I've also heard the British breed has a slightly better temperament (generally).

I've previously kept various rabbits over the years until I sadly had to rehome them all a few years ago when entering temporary accommodation. I really miss them and I'm really looking forward to getting my new rabbit home up and running!

Anyway, any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
David

Thanks. They've not got anything just now, but have added me on their list for any future litters.

So in the meantime, any Giant rabbits needing rescued within a reasonable distance?

What would you class as reasonable distance??

I got my Inca (not a giant) from kayj in Bolton, i know that kayj has loads of giants, but im not sure if they are up for rehoming, but might be worth asking. Its bunnyhops rescue.

She met me at killington lake services with Inca.

Where in Scotland are you? ETA: I read that its Glasgow, ignore me!!

Last edited:
I'm in Glasgow, and would consider travelling a few hours: may be staying at a local hotel one night and collecting the rabbit in the morning before returning to Glasgow. So 3 - 5 hours journey might be do-able. That needs me to be able to take 2 full days out away from home though which is easier said than done due to child & work commitments.

I just went down and back on the same day, Killington Lake services is under 3hrs drive away x

Worst case, you could always get from the dreaded PAH!

could you post some pics of your converted greenhouse please? we have a very large green house and our window cleaner mentioned it last week,,so now im thinking i might do it,,,,:)

Folks,

I've decided to abandon the greenhouse conversion as I was beginning to lose confidence in it's security.

So I'm going to invest in a new dog run instead ;-)

I've also found my two giants. Collect them on Sunday. I have a temporary home setup for them in the garage until the dog runs up and running.

Will post some pictures once they're in their new home.

Thanks to all those who have helped me try to source my rabbits.

could you post some pics of your converted greenhouse please? we have a very large green house and our window cleaner mentioned it last week,,so now im thinking i might do it,,,,:)

I'm considering it as well. I thought I was being a bit silly thinking it could work but it really could couldn't it. I think I'll definately have a go now :D

Folks,

I've decided to abandon the greenhouse conversion as I was beginning to lose confidence in it's security.

So I'm going to invest in a new dog run instead ;-)

I've also found my two giants. Collect them on Sunday. I have a temporary home setup for them in the garage until the dog runs up and running.

Will post some pictures once they're in their new home.

Thanks to all those who have helped me try to source my rabbits.

I know you abandoned the idea of doing it but what were you planning on doing to convert it? I think i'll do mine as the frame itself is sound and am looking for a few ideas before starting.

Back