• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

free range time outside -

poppymoon

Wise Old Thumper
how on earth do you ever get them back into the house or hutch/shed?

8 hours eric's been outside for today and i just couldn't get him in on my own:oops:

:lol::lol: Louie has been out for a long while today as well but he came back in for his dinner at about 7.30 pm :D

I get mine back in the hutch with bribery - some carrot chunks and curly kale, however, it doesn't always work and sometimes I have 10 mins of chasing them round :lol:

I put the food in their run then sort of coax them in using the yard brush ,but usually one comes out while i am tryin to get the other in :roll:

Yes I had 10 minutes of chasing and a big scratch on my arm to show for it :shock: naughty Sparkle.

usually food, but i know what you mean sometimes i run around in a circle i go so dizzy :lol:

:lol: I wonder this too! If i manage to get my 4 bonded how on earth am to manage that - I let mittens out today and that was bad enough!

Bungle had been free ranging inside yesterday. My OH managed to lure him into his pen with some carrot then just as he turned his back to grab the pegs to attach the netting he jumped out and legged it! I am sure I could hear him laughing as he went!

well i managed to get him out from underneath the wooden planter where he'd decided was his den only for him to scarper behind the green bin (which is full from today!) and a dismantled basketball net.

i can't just leave the back door open for him either as it leads to straight into the kitchen and that's esme's pad. i have to catch him to pick him up and that's quite a challenge. it wasn't meant to be like this:roll::(

did make me laugh tho seeing OH charging around the garden waving his jacket - never realised nethies could outrun matadors too:lol:

Back