• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Keeping Rabbits Singly

Status
Not open for further replies.

LionheadLuver

Warren Veteran
Personally, I think keeping rabbits singly is cruel and is not taking proper care of the rabbit. Rabbits should only be kept singly if the rabbit has been tried to be bonded with lots of rabbits, but simply doesn't bond (ie tried everything to bond it with others). I do not think that saying that you don't have enough money for a second rabbit, or enough space, or you can't be bothered or you think it will change their personality is good enough reasons to keep a rabbit singly.

Personally, I think keeping rabbits singly is cruel and is not taking proper care of the rabbit. Rabbits should only be kept singly if the rabbit has been tried to be bonded with lots of rabbits, but simply doesn't bond (ie tried everything to bond it with others). I do not think that saying that you don't have enough money for a second rabbit, or enough space, or you can't be bothered or you think it will change their personality is good enough reasons to keep a rabbit singly.

What a ridiculous, sweeping statement!

I am not a cruel owner and I take proper care of Louie.

Of course not having enough money is a good enough reason, how on earth would you pay vets bills?

What a ridiculous, sweeping statement!

I am not a cruel owner and I take proper care of Louie.

Of course not having enough money is a good enough reason, how on earth would you pay vets bills?

so it's alright to keep a social animal on its own? how would you feel if you were never allowed to be around a human for the whole of your life? you should know that rabbits are social and if you couldn't afford another, why did you get rabbits as a pet in the first place?

I keep Charlie alone and he's happy! I can afford him, but I couldn't afford another. He lives indoors and gets loads of attention. He binkies about like a wacko and is always happy, he's bonded to ME. That's not cruel!

I keep Charlie alone and he's happy! I can afford him, but I couldn't afford another. He lives indoors and gets loads of attention. He binkies about like a wacko and is always happy, he's bonded to ME. That's not cruel!

if you can't afford another, then why keep a social animal as a pet?

so it's alright to keep a social animal on its own? how would you feel if you were never allowed to be around a human for the whole of your life? you should know that rabbits are social and if you couldn't afford another, why did you get rabbits as a pet in the first place?

I strongly suggest that you keep your pathetic opinions about how I keep my rabbit, to yourself.

if you can't afford another, then why keep a social animal as a pet?

Things change. I had two rabbits, and my female died when she was 6 months old. I now cannot afford to risk paying out the vet bills for two rabbits, so am I cruel for keeping him?
Or am I cruel because my other rabbit died?

You do NOTHING but start threads which you damn well know are going to turn into arguments.

i do think that that statement is unjustify.
i have kept rabbits on there own before and i believe that as long as they get attention and free range time theres nothing wrong with t.
why take on two rabbits and not afford the health care for them both so they suffer when you could happily take real good care of one

Also, you have a single dog don't you?

Dogs are pack animals, so going on your theory you're a cruel and terrible owner for not having more than one.

well, lionheadluver, people have different views. me, i'm a bit aspergery, and i can't understand why people pair up rabbits that don't match. truly. and why people have rabbits with spots, how can they ever look peaceful? but i tend not to say so, because people would feel hurt and offended.

why try to stir things up? this is an excellent place to learn about rabbit keeping and to share online friendship with people who also care about their pets. why call them? let it rest.

I really don't usually bother replying to such ridiculous threads but when anyone dares to question how well I look after my rabbit then I really can't help myself :p

some rabbits prefere to be alone. I think if crystal had it her way she'd be alone :? i dont think its cruel at all unless the rabbit is practically pining for a friend like Misty did but i feel he mainly missed Binky I had to separate them as tehy were both boys and Binky was humping the living day lights out of him :shock:

there are some owners who can afford 1 pet but cant afford 2 theres no point getting 2 animals if you can financially support them both what if both got ill at teh same time and ran up a £1,000 vet bill its alot of money for someone who doesnt earn that much but £500 might be more handible.

After all my mistakes in life and the lessons i have learnt from them ive learnt that my opinions arent always right and have learnt to accept that others look at things differently then what i do.

also on another forum you started a thread saying that you may breed in teh future wouldnt that mean the rabbits being alone because you obviously cant keep them together so wouldnt that be cruel? :? it kind of contridicts what you've just said.

I really don't usually bother replying to such ridiculous threads but when anyone dares to question how well I look after my rabbit then I really can't help myself :p

I agree! I know that my Charlie boy is happy! I don't want people telling me I'm an awful owner because at the moment, I can't afford another rabbit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back