• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

another sad situation...update. he's gone

wiggie

Alpha Buck
Yes another sad situation unfolding today I'm afraid.
TJ has been battling dental disease for 2 years now. He developed an abscess in his jaw a while ago which is doing ok and TJ has been coping well with the treatment. On Thursday however he had it cleared out again under GA and has not really recovered.
He is on the max dose of pain killers and abx, as well as gut stimulant but just seems to have given up. He is still eating bits and pieces but nothing like normal.
The abscess is ok so there is really nothing else to be done. He's just not coping.
Our vet is away till tomorrow and we have an appt in the morning. Am I cruel to wait till then? It just doesn't seem right to take him to a stranger.
It's so hard.
:cry:

Last edited:
:( Poor you and poor TJ.

I can't think straight to say anything of any use, but just trust yourself and your decisions. You know him best.

I agree with Sky, trust your instincts. You know what's best for your bun. *hugs* I'm so sorry to read this xxxxxxxxxxx

Oh poor TJ, I can only agree with what everyone else has said.
Sending a hugs and good thoughts xx

It's probably one of the most difficult, & painful decisions we have to make, yet it is an act of pure unselfish love.
I am totally convinced it was right.
Rest in peace TJ, free from pain at last.

Back