• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Binky Free Cloud

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
He's had transient liver problems for 6/7 months and also has lung problems too. He is unfortunately, a stresshead, and we have only been able to intervene minimally because he can't even tolerate me holding him without stressing and mouth breathing. I'd love to be able to medicate him successfully and fight his lung problems (even though we can't solve his liver problems).

I picked him up today and he feels so frail and has clearly lost a lot of weight (its hard to tell without holding him and because I've been trying to hold him only minimally it makes it all so much harder). He is also pretty blue. He is still lively in a 'I have to stop and breathe now' sense, but he is showing less interest in food. I have a vets appointment booked for him tonight anyway because I was going to try and get him onto something more hardcore, but I don't think that is what is best for him.

Cloud is so, so precious to me, and whilst it breaks my heart so much, I do feel it may be what is best for him (actually, I do feel it is what is best for him) and that makes the decision easier.

As I type this, Badger just did the biggest binky I've seen in a long time. He shot 2ft off the floor and propelled forward a good three feet. Its such a rollercoaster here. I'm sitting here tearful about Cloud and then laughing about Badger.

If my vet does agree tonight, can we please have some peaceful passing vibes.

Last edited:
Sorry, just realised the title is similar to Pearl's thread. I didn't mean to do that.

You know it is actually HARDER to not go for the intensive treatment, which for some Buns would be completely inappropriate. My Felicity is my worst stress head and there is no way on earth she could cope with the most basic nursing care. Last time she was very poorly my efforts to help her nearly killed her as she got herself into such a state she ended up having to spend a day in an oxygen tent :cry:

We all know that you will do what is right for Cloud and I will certainly be sending lots of peaceful vibes his way xx

Thank you.

Jane, its so hard because I feel like in a way I've chosen Badger over him. Some of their breathing problems have been similar and I've been able to fight with Badger. Anything I do to Cloud just fights against him. I've tried to do anything that I could. He's had oral Septrin (on a basil leaf, yummy!), and he has been on increasing doses of Metacam since about the start of December.

In my mind I know I haven't chosen Badger, I have just looked at what has been best for each bunny and they are poles apart, so treatment has been so different.

Really, all I want for Cloud now is to not have a distressing passing, which he could do if I let and wait this happen naturally. I'd rather pick the time when I know he is going downhill and not let him get right to the bottom.

Normally when we go to the vets for that final journey, I carry the bunny all the way, giving lots of love and cuddles and making it 'ok'. I can't do that for Cloud, so I have to take The Dopeys because they offer him more than I ever could. I don't like taking bondmates for this and will obviously have to take a separate box (the box of death :|) for Cloud after. I also have a consecutive appointment for Hope who needs a dental, so I have to take 6 rabbits tonight (both Cloud and Hope are in trios). Its going to be a nightmare. And its not even my regular vet.

I'm so sorry. This forum is certainly having its wave of sad losses recently :(

I feel for you, Peanut used to hate med time, and thats what decided it for me. He stopped running towards me and running away from me when he saw me. He used to go and hide and shake , because he thought i was going to to get him :( he just hated it. Towards the end he got used to it much more, but it still wasnt fair.

Its hard when you have treatment and choose to stop it, its harder than choosing against say a big op or something, because you think "whats so bad today, that wasnt bad yesterday" and that makes it harder.

Im so sorry :( xxx

Its not a good day on RU today :( Im sorry you too are having to make one of those awful decisions, sending peaceful vibes and hugs.

I'm so sorry you have to make this decision. :cry: I'm sure it's the right thing to do though, however hard. x

So sorry you have to make this hard decision, but whatever you do know that it is the right thing to do for your poorly bun.
My thoughts are with you at this hard time, sending vibes for Cloud :( xx

There's not much more to say than what everyone else has said but we are both so sorry. We know you always do the best for your buns and your judgement is always right.
So sorry :cry:

Another black day on RU:(

i am so so sorry..youve battled along with cloud and now the battles lost.

At least being given a peaceful end is helpful to you and cloud.
when casper was at the end he went sooo fast and so peacefully it was a relief after the hard battle.

i will be thinking of you and donamnt today..and all i can offer is HUGS for you and peaceful passing vibes for cloud.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back