• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fresh willow

rachy rabbit

Young Bun
Hi there! :wave:

A friend at work has jus handed over some fresh willow from her neighbours garden, with green leaves attached. I'll obviously give them a wash first but wanted to check these are ok to give to my bunnies?

Thanks. :D

if you are sure the tree hasnt been "ytreated " in any way, then fine but only give small amount at first as its new, the shop stuff to me just isnt the same,

i get mine from a huge willow tree, its great stuff as the smaller twigs dry out really quick too si if they are not keen on the fresh dry it,

you may notice huge golden poops too. well all my lot get them :D

Hello,

thank you for your reply. I can't be 100% sure it's not been treated in the past as the house next to my friends has been empty for a couple of years. Would it be safest not to give it to the buns jus in case or would it b ok after a wash?

Thank you.

if its new shoots and doesnt look bad, willows arnt often treated but i always fine it best to check,

for peace of mind is there anyway you can look at the tree yourself,

people often forage for plants etc always stick to the above 2 foot rule ( animals pee etc )

Back