• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

do i take alvin too?

donnamt

Wise Old Thumper
so pearl goes to the vets, does alvin need to be subjected to that stress too? i will bring her back for him to say goodbye anyway.

i dunno what to do :cry::cry::cry:

so pearl goes to the vets, does alvin need to be subjected to that stress too? i will bring her back for him to say goodbye anyway.

i dunno what to do :cry::cry::cry:

i think its a very difficult decision hun im so sorry you are having to make it. xxx

Do you normally take both Donna? I think, as long as Alvin gets to see Pearl afterwards - whether that be at the vet or at home - that's the most important thing.

It's entirely up to you and I wouldn't blame you if you don't want to risk stressing Alvin on top of what's already going to be a very difficult day. :cry: If you think he's best left at home then go with that.

no they always go seperately. only when they both had jabs did they go together..

shes eating hay now... makes its even harder to do. but she aint getting better is she :cry::cry::cry::cry:

when i let mowgli go, i took rosie along to, it gave mowgli comfort and also me, having rosie there afterwards, i know you'll know whats best for all of you :cry:

With a bunny like Alvin if it was me I think I would leave him at home honey :( So sorry you are having to make this decision :cry: :cry: :cry: xx

If they always go separately I would leave Alvin at home.

I'm so sorry Donna, I'm in tears for you and Pearl :cry:

Sending you a hug.

With most buns I would say take both, but reading about how stressy Alvin gets I think I would leave him at home, the last thing you need is him getting stressed.

Thinking practically have you got some meds for stasis at home just in case?

With most buns I would say take both, but reading about how stressy Alvin gets I think I would leave him at home, the last thing you need is him getting stressed.

Thinking practically have you got some meds for stasis at home just in case?

I was just thinking the same, just incase her not being there stresses him later hun maybe mention to the vets so you have something for Alvin if you need it later x

If Pearl will be coming back with you then I would not take Alvin.

He can say his goodbyes when you bring Pearl back without him having the stress of a Vet trip on top of a bereavement

Thinking of you Don

:cry:

yeah alvin has drugs for stasis at home. altho i have no idea how im going to get him a new friend with ste going back to scotland on sunday :?:cry::cry:

yeah alvin has drugs for stasis at home. altho i have no idea how im going to get him a new friend with ste going back to scotland on sunday :?:cry::cry:

One step at a time.
You dont have to rush into anything and Alvin may need a few weeks on his own first. Some Buns do and refuse to accept another friend too soon after a bereavement.

One step at a time.
You dont have to rush into anything and Alvin may need a few weeks on his own first. Some Buns do and refuse to accept another friend too soon after a bereavement.

and thier humans may possibly be feeling it too i think :oops::oops::oops:

I completely agree with Jane on this.

On all of it.

Don't think about what happens next. You are aware of the options and such for Alvin, but whilst some want a friend straight away, some clearly need more time to settle. On a side note, I'm wondering if Pearl's illness has been stressing Alvin, which might have caused his stasis issues? I haven't read much of his story, but know of a few bunnies that has happened to.

so shes been with him since 12.20ish hes buzzed. jumped all opver her, groomed her for a second or two, beat up the towel beside the carrier, eaten her hay :roll: hes now lying infront of the carrier sort of facing away. ive not been up since i reakon it should be private for him but ive been watching on the camera

has she been in there long enough?

Back