• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what should i do?!!

bunlover

Warren Veteran
an old work colleuge whom i rarely see anymore has sent me this message:

"I may need a favour of you which is actually right up your street!!!

The thing is my mates got a rabbit but is kinda having to move temporary to a place without a garden and I thought that maybe you might be intrested in a)looking after her temp or b) taking it on????

If been told it may not get on to well with other rabbits, however as far as i know has always been kept on it's own!"

i am assuming its an unnuetered and i dont have any ideas if vaccinated. i cannot take on the rabbit full time for a number of reasons. should i try and find it a temperary foster home (though from that message i have a sneaking suspicion that it may need a permenant home) or should i personally foster it but pay out for vaccinations (tho i am not sure i can afford to neuter it at present) though that will go like a lead baloon with tom i know....
i have asked a load of questions in return to find out a bit more for now. damn i hate being asked things like this. hmmm

edit: to those who are my freinds on facebook my "freind who sent the message" is on tehre so please dont put anything on facebook for now unless through private message (i know you prob wouldnt!) x

i am assuming the rabbit is in the staines ish area as that is where we worked together and my freind lives in feltham area.

Last edited:
I guess only you know if you have room/time for another bun.
But if you did agree to temporarily foster the bun then it could be with these pre conditions- the owners get the bun desexed, vaccinated & pay for its living expenses while its with you.
This way they are forced to take more responsibility for their animal, the bun gets what needs to be done actually done, making it easier for you to take it on. If thats what you decide to do.
Absolutely do not offer to pay for basics like vax, desexing etc. hard as that may be!:(
IMO they are taking advantage of your good, bunny loving nature, given that its so easy to feel for the poor bun at the centre of this scenario.
Hope this helps, its not fair that you have been put in this awkward position.

I guess only you know if you have room/time for another bun.
But if you did agree to temporarily foster the bun then it could be with these pre conditions- the owners get the bun desexed, vaccinated & pay for its living expenses while its with you.
This way they are forced to take more responsibility for their animal, the bun gets what needs to be done actually done, making it easier for you to take it on. If thats what you decide to do.
Absolutely do not offer to pay for basics like vax, desexing etc. hard as that may be!:(
IMO they are taking advantage of your good, bunny loving nature, given that its so easy to feel for the poor bun at the centre of this scenario.
Hope this helps, its not fair that you have been put in this awkward position.

thanks, i agreee with what yo uare saying however i think if i put those conditions on the bun it would get given away else where. i cannot afford to take on a permenant bunny of that im sure. i am awaitign mroe information i think i will have to seefrom what i found out maybe i will get a plesent surprise and it will be a neutered vaccinated bun (i doubt it) x

Back