• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Naughty buns,or attention seeking?

willowholly

Mama Doe
We spent hours on Monday painting the bunnies room.Today we came home to find the skirting board chewed up again on 2 walls & bunny wee in 3 separate puddles.The chewing,im guessing is Dill & the urine,Barley.Now they have had little attention with everything thats been going on,do you think this is their cry for attention or are they just being naughty.B was bad before when she didn't get enough attention from us.I could've cried.The room looked so good after we had finished.If we decide to put the house on the market we cant risk them keep chewing & if we move to rented accomodation I would be terrified if they trashed someone elses property.Please has anyone any suggestions?They are now banned from the hallway.:(

I'm not one hundred percent sure of an answer but I know Crumpet rips our wallpaper and chews our skirting board and digs the carpet (the whole room also recently decorated) when we don't give him enough cuddles and attention!

I usually have to give him a cuddle or a play chase around the room to placate him.

It might be worth just seeing if giving the buns more attention helps, and
of not prepare for bunny destruction :lol:

good luck :D

no answer, sorry. but when i reorganised matthew and tabby's living quarters last weekend, she took umbrage and started weeing through the bars onto my living room carpet. madam!:evil:

I would say the weeing is because the room smells different so they are marking it again, as for chewing skirting boards I think it is probably just bunnies being bunnies...can you get a strip of perspex to protect it?

I would say the weeing is because the room smells different so they are marking it again, as for chewing skirting boards I think it is probably just bunnies being bunnies...can you get a strip of perspex to protect it?

Thats very interesting about the marking was worried B was ill again.Perspex is a good idea too was thinking of painting chew deterent but dont think that will work.Will speak to other half about the perspex.Thankyou so much.They chewed loads more again today & I kept thinking about rehoming buns so picked up Dill to see if I loved him & if I could go without not seeing his face again,and I snuggled & kissed him & the answer was I definately could not ever go without seeing my buns again so perspex it is!!!:D

Blue uses weeing on the sofa as 'punishment' if we do something to upset him.
Last time it was J not sharing a banana (BAD daddy!!!)

Back