• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jack and Hollie Settling In .....

Hanlou

Mama Doe
Well it's hard to believe Hollie's only been here since Sunday - it seems as if she's always been here as she's settled in so well! She and Jack are very much in love but Hollie is so excited at having space and new things and places to explore she hardly stops moving lol so getting any 'snuggly pics' is not easy!!

Hollie is hilarious - she is very, very cute! Not quite so athletic as our wonderful Jack and perhaps a little sillier but then she is still very young and everything is all new and so very exciting to her! Her ears never stop moving and as you will see in the pics they change position every few minutes!

We love them to pieces and have decided that we will probably keep them as house-bunnies as with some rearranging I think it could work. Neither of them are destructive so far and we just love having them around...... they will have a run in the garden and supervised free-ranging when the garden is safe but will more than likely live inside permanently. xxxx

Cute Hollie...

P1060625.jpg

P1060604.jpg

P1060592.jpg

P1060593.jpg

P1060569.jpg

P1060616.jpg

P1060485.jpg

P1060535.jpg

Cuddle bun' (she was having nose-rubs here!)

P1060506.jpg

Action shots!

P1060669.jpg

P1060511.jpg

Snuggling with Jack-bun'

P1060582.jpg

Exploring and playing with Jack-bun'

P1060655.jpg

P1060614.jpg

P1060601.jpg

Pawsome Jack-Jack

P1060628.jpg

P1060641.jpg

P1060663.jpg

"What you want mum?"

P1060667.jpg

P1060665.jpg

awww thank you ... i love those sitting up shots :love::love::love:

It took *ages* to get those! I was determined to get one at least as I love it when they periscope! But most of the time they were back on the floor by the time the shutter had clicked!

LOL Tracey yes I certainly do!! Those ears!! :lol: xx

Thanks everyone for the lovely comments and oh yes, she's definitely made herself at home!

Ah, they are beautiful :love:. Just one little thing though - is that actually toilet roll on the cardboard roll? We had a very worrying trip to the vets a couple of weeks ago with Little Ted after he'd eaten some toilet roll, he wasn't well poor lad and stopped eating :(. He's fine now though :D

Yeah it is but they only played with it whilst I was there. They have just the cardboard inner usually. I really don't think a bit of 'loo roll would make that much difference though so *personally* I wouldn't be bothered about them having it?! Rabbits eat far worse things than that and don't seem in the least bit affected after all. It could just have been a co-incidence with your rabbit in all actuality. My mice, hamsters and gerbils all get loo' roll to use as bedding and are all just fine lol.

I can't see the difference between that and a yellow pages to shred. Which they also get! ;) x

ETA: It's not that I'm indifferent as to buns' and their tums' but I find it hard to believe that loo roll would hurt them. Mine is recycled, unbleached stuff too not chock full of chemicals or anything like that. I don't really wish to protect them from everything that may turn out to be vaguely harmful otherwise they would have no life at all. But thank you for the caution. :p xx

Last edited:
Awww they are soo cute together. I am soo jealous that you have 2 buns together and I hope Waffle and Radish might get along like that one day.

I love Hollie's ears :love:

Thank you so much everyone for all the lovely comments! :wave: xx

They are sweeties, I have to admit! :love:

Back