• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Charlies coming home!!!! Hes home :) Meds help pls post 20

kaths101

Warren Veteran
yaaay I have had the phone call to say I can pick Charlie up at 4.30 yaaaaaaaay :D:D

He has been eating on and off and He has had his teeth done under GA, he had some spurs at the back and they are hoping by this afternoon he will have eaten and poo'd. She said she was going to show me how to medicate so im pleased about that...
So glad to have him home - 2 days has seemed like weeks!

Just hope he eats when I get him home! :?

Last edited:
That's great news. Sorry to hijack your thread but I notice you mentioned your bunny was not eating.... Can someone please give me some advice?

my rabbit had a castration about 2 weeks ago and since then he has been refusing to eat. He has been back to the vets 5 times now, and I have been giving him antibiotics (he does not have an infection but have been told to give him this as his immune system may be weak due to him not eating), recovery food and some fibre (can’t remember what it is actually called now). In the two weeks he has eaten about 1 whole carrot and 1 cabbage leaf and little bit of hay, he is totally refusing to eat the pellet’s but has been drinking well (until yesterday). I took him back to the vet yesterday to have his teeth filled (there is nothing wrong with his teeth as they checked them when he had his castration) but where quite insistent that this needed to be done before further action could be taken. Since yesterday he has not drunk any water and only eaten about an inch worth of carrot. I called the vet today to report this but they have instructed me to carry on with the force feeding, fibre and antibiotics. Other than that he seems to be fine in himself, hopping around etc.

Hes home!! :D:D:D:D

He has been trashing the place at the vets - he was a very grumpy boy, hes got metacam and zantac syrup which I have to give for the next few days - he took it really well at the vets whetehr he will for me is a different matter!!

I got him home and out the carrier and he did the biggest binky - I think someone is glad to be home :lol:

confidence and a firm hold, best to do on floor level really incase he does decide nope your not doing it and slips

Its so nice to get buns home after an op, it does feel differant, and i have 4 others indoors too

That's great news. Sorry to hijack your thread but I notice you mentioned your bunny was not eating.... Can someone please give me some advice?

my rabbit had a castration about 2 weeks ago and since then he has been refusing to eat. He has been back to the vets 5 times now, and I have been giving him antibiotics (he does not have an infection but have been told to give him this as his immune system may be weak due to him not eating), recovery food and some fibre (can’t remember what it is actually called now). In the two weeks he has eaten about 1 whole carrot and 1 cabbage leaf and little bit of hay, he is totally refusing to eat the pellet’s but has been drinking well (until yesterday). I took him back to the vet yesterday to have his teeth filled (there is nothing wrong with his teeth as they checked them when he had his castration) but where quite insistent that this needed to be done before further action could be taken. Since yesterday he has not drunk any water and only eaten about an inch worth of carrot. I called the vet today to report this but they have instructed me to carry on with the force feeding, fibre and antibiotics. Other than that he seems to be fine in himself, hopping around etc.

:wave: Sorry Im not very experienced so might be worth starting your own thread for some advice. Is he on pain relief?? thats obviously the biggest thing to stop them eating if they are in pain. Is your vet rabbit savvy? there are a fair few that are not so it might be worth getting a 2nd opinion. Are they going to do tests? blood and urine samples?? There must be a reason for him not eating!!
Sorry I cant be of any more help but Good Luck and hope he gets better soon! Very worrying isnt it!! x

Yay!!

Brilliant news! Really happy for you. :D

By the sounds of the binky he seems as glad to be home too! :lol:

Well done for getting home to your mummy Charlie!

I am glad he is home with you now Kath, hope it goes ok giving the meds.

Bet you are so happy and relieve to have him there. You could show him how happy you are with a binky of your own!! Lol!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Well done for getting home to your mummy Charlie!

I am glad he is home with you now Kath, hope it goes ok giving the meds.

Bet you are so happy and relieve to have him there. You could show him how happy you are with a binky of your own!! Lol!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Yeah I am happy, I keep going up to talk to him as he looks a little bedraggled - 2 bald ears and a cut in one where he jumped while they were trying to insert his drip .. this doesnt surprise me as he is very jumpy....

Im keeping an eye on him - hes eating a little but no poos yet since hes been home! :?

glad he's home:D
wishing you a mountain of poo (hope that doesn't sound weird but you know how exciting poops can be:lol:)

Yeah I am happy, I keep going up to talk to him as he looks a little bedraggled - 2 bald ears and a cut in one where he jumped while they were trying to insert his drip .. this doesnt surprise me as he is very jumpy....

Im keeping an eye on him - hes eating a little but no poos yet since hes been home! :?

Ah poor little mite. Probably just needs time to settle back in, after being in a strange environment for a while.

Hope you can breathe a tentative sigh of relief now.

Vibes for more pooing Charlie!

Awww just logged back on quick to see if there was an update - thats brilliant I am so pleased for him and you, Ness had her tooth on one side burred while she was under and I know initially it was a bit off-putting for her. Still if you have the metacam that will help I am sure, he is probably shattered, fingers crossed by the morn there are some little pressie's for you! Really glad he's home and it's done now though. Given time I am sure he'll perk up - sounds like a little tough nut :lol: :lol: x

How is he doing this morning?

Hes doing fine thanks - he had done a pile of poos when I went to bed last night :D Hes not eating as much as usual and so far there hasnt been any poos today..

His meds didnt go well though :cry::cry: Im rubbish at it - I tried everything to get them in him but he kept boxing the syringe out of my hand and lunging at me... what do i do - Ive got to try again tonight..
(this morning I squirted it on the parsley and he ate a little but not all - argggghhh. The nurse said he likes Metacam so I might be ok with that one :?

edited to say I did as I was told and knelt over him with him between my legs - he did it perfectly for her!! but I guess he isnt as scared and wont sit still for me!

Last edited:
Back