• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

i knew she wasn't keen on him but....

poppymoon

Wise Old Thumper
esme has gone mental at eric through the bars of a run:shock:

stupid of me really as i wanted to let them both have plenty of garden time so i thought that today, i'd start alternating days of free range and run.

never again. in that few seconds, she went hell for leather - tail up, boxing and nipping - and he was trying to be friends. i'm so glad i had second thoughts about trying them together again.

no idea how you guys with multiple buns cope if there are the odd one or 2 who really don't get on - you must be forever changing your clothes in case the scent sets them off:shock:

i chose this house too as it had such a safe garden for the buns - now i've no idea how i'm going to manage outside time:(

oh dear - they dont realise its for their own good do they :roll: silly bunnuhs..

The only thing you could do is if they have their own large runs but have a solid barrier so they cant see or smell each other! or have the run enclosed with a mesh roof so the one free ranging cant get to the one in the run!

Ive just done this to get mine used to the outdoors, Ive got 2 runs - I certainly wont alternate my pair they will have their own run but I can alternate Mittens and Charlie...

have you tried keeping them side by side for weeks/months at a time and swapping litter trays etc around? If this is the first time she has seen eric in a while then it isn't surprising if she kicks off a bit. If the fast bond didn't work out you could try the slow, side by side bond for a few months before trying again (possibly under supervision from a rescue?)

:(:( i wonder why she hates him so much, such a shame :cry:

gawd knows donna. wish i did but i tried all sorts and had help from a couple of really successful bonding peeps.
esme is flopped out in the kitchen now, totally unperturbed. eric is hiding. hope this hasn't triggered the hunger strike:roll:
my own stupid fault but i thought i'd at least try that set up - don't know til you try:?

have you tried keeping them side by side for weeks/months at a time and swapping litter trays etc around? If this is the first time she has seen eric in a while then it isn't surprising if she kicks off a bit. If the fast bond didn't work out you could try the slow, side by side bond for a few months before trying again (possibly under supervision from a rescue?)

no, i haven't tried the slow approach. i'm not sure how i could go about that really as they are both free range. the only solution i can think of is to use a baby gate type thing on the kitchen/living room door but eric doesn't venture that far:?

oh dear - they dont realise its for their own good do they :roll: silly bunnuhs..

The only thing you could do is if they have their own large runs but have a solid barrier so they cant see or smell each other! or have the run enclosed with a mesh roof so the one free ranging cant get to the one in the run!

Ive just done this to get mine used to the outdoors, Ive got 2 runs - I certainly wont alternate my pair they will have their own run but I can alternate Mittens and Charlie...

they didn't need a roof - both tiny buns so it was noses (and teeth) through the bars i'm afraid. i'll have to try to construct something or keep it at one bun out at a time.

She looks so sweet in photos! :shock: I hope Eric is ok, the sensitive litle man. :love:

Perhaps you could put another barrier between the run and the free ranging bun - some of those puppy panels perhaps, covered with a sheet so they can't see each other.

She looks so sweet in photos! :shock: I hope Eric is ok, the sensitive litle man. :love:

Perhaps you could put another barrier between the run and the free ranging bun - some of those puppy panels perhaps, covered with a sheet so they can't see each other.

she is sweet karen - she's an absolute darling:love: she just doesn't seem to like eric:( hopefully prince charming will be out there somewhere.....

Thats what I meant but not explained very well!! :lol:

Back