• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

MMC feedback wanted.... please reply

seagreen

Warren Scout
Just doing some research & would be grateful for some feedback: -

Apart from mentions on here, in Rabbitting On & RWAF member emails - where else have you been made aware of the MMC campaign ?

& how close was it to Easter ?

& what do you think is the best way to make the general public aware of MMC?

Many thanks for your help

My Vet's Surgery- So certainly sending out some info to Vets would be a good.

Send some to P@H too !! (..........OK, I'll take my rose tinted specs off now :roll: )

Obviously MMC is going to have more of an impact at Easter and I was only thinking yesterday about what could perhaps make it more 'high profile' all year round.................... :?

Boarding businesses, we offered a leaflet to new customers this year and also have links to it on our blog.
Online pet shops, ask them to pop a MMC flyer with all orders all year round.

I haven't seen it advertised anywhere but I haven't been to the vets or any pet shops recently

I have seen it no where and I spend a lot of time at vets and the RSPCA.

Last year the RSPCA got a load of posters and leaflets sent down from head office to each branch (I believe), and I used those posters and leaflets as well as my own info to create displays in any RSPCA place in this area. They wanted me to do this again this year, but they didn't get any stuff for it, so we couldn't promote it at all unfortunately. Not sure why there was a difference (if the RSPCA didn't order stuff, or you guys didn't do those promotional things) or anything, but I saw it no where. It wasn't in our local paper or anywhere this year.

I have seen it no where and I spend a lot of time at vets and the RSPCA.

Last year the RSPCA got a load of posters and leaflets sent down from head office to each branch (I believe), and I used those posters and leaflets as well as my own info to create displays in any RSPCA place in this area. They wanted me to do this again this year, but they didn't get any stuff for it, so we couldn't promote it at all unfortunately. Not sure why there was a difference (if the RSPCA didn't order stuff, or you guys didn't do those promotional things) or anything, but I saw it no where. It wasn't in our local paper or anywhere this year.

Hello

I am on the committee of MMC as you probably all know.

To answer your point about it not being in the paper this year - we have written to every paper in the UK asking them to cover our stories. So far we have sent out two press releases in the run up to easter with more planned and these have been picked up by some papers. We are now starting on magazines too.

MMC is a group of like minded people and is not actually part of the RWA although there are three committee members who appear on both committees now. So, to get our message out, we (the five people involved) rely on offers of help from volunteers to do our work with us.

You may have seen on another thread our recent initiative to "Bake Mine Chocolate!" which is an attempt to raise some much needed funds and to raise awareness.

We can only raise awareness with the help of you guys out there. We have a web page and are on Facebook for starters so that people can get in touch if they feel they can help in any way.

We have a mention in many vet practices and also some pet shops that agree with our message.

We don't take out advertising space to raise awareness as we simply don't have any funds to do such things. So this is where you supporters come in. By telling others, posting on your Facebook profiles, putting up our posters http://makeminechocolate.co.uk/material.php, running your own events and giving us a mention, wearing our badge and telling folks what it stands for, using one of our car stickers, wearing one of our sweatshirts, and anything else that you feel you can do to help.

If you'd like to offer your help as a volunteer then please e-mail me helen@makeminechocolate.co.uk or if you'd like to be a supporter then same address will be find. We are putting together some supporter packs at the moment and will put a note on the blog when they are ready.

Basically you good people are our 'foot soldiers' and without you, we will struggle to make any ground so please do spread the word.

Out of tiny acorns, oak trees grow and all that!

Helen

afraid I didn't see it anywhere except on here.

I am in the vets A LOT:shock::shock: (daily!) and didn't see it. But I don't go to pet shops as buy food online and hay in saddlry.

Didn't notice it in local freebie paper but don't get normal paper that you have to pay for.

So all you lovely people that have said you haven't seen a poster anywhere...............can you print one out and go and ask for a local shop/vet/rescue/newsagent/work place to put one up?

Hi! :wave:

I heard about MMC from RU initially but have noticed our RSPCA have a whole wall dedicated to MMC opposite their reception desk. :) I haven't seen the posters in any pet shops other than one, which I emailed and Hayley who owns the shop kindly put the posters up in store.

I've also used the MMC posters as profile pictures on my Facebook page and joined the MMC group and sent invites to everyone on my friend list.

I put up adverts on my local classifieds website about the campaign - these adverts have generated around 300-400 views whilst they've been up so hopefully that's 300-400 people that recieved a quick Easter bunny education. :)

My vet had the poster up in her consulting room, although not in the practice waiting area. That said, she is THE bunny vet at that practice so hopefully anyone with bunnies will see her anyway (as well as folk with cats and dogs).

I agree that it would be good to get more publicity for the message, both that of the MMC and the RWA. So many people - too many people - still dont understand rabbits needs and think they are just an 'easy' pet to have that will happily sit in a hutch all day.

I would love to do more to help, I just dont know how...

The main places that I guess people look for information and for rabbits is in Pets at Home (or breeders) so if there is any way of getting in there with posters, information boards, stands etc...

Sorry, I have no more ideas.

Helen

Back