• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Warm enough outside at night?

KarenM

Administrator
Staff member
Alfie and Bubbles (previously outdoor buns) have been indoors in an unheated room since the end of Feb. They've been going out during the daytime for a week, and I've been bringing them back indoors overnight.

When will it be warm enough for them to stay out overnight? Or how will I know it's warm enough? :? :?

They only have a dog crate indoors and poor Bubbles has nowhere to escape from Alfie's humping, so they'd be much happier outside 24/7; I just don't want them to freeze.

I could shut them in the shed part of the kennel, along with a snugglesafe. :? :?

Frankie has been out for a month now, with no ill effects. He gets a SS on really cold nights, and has a tarp over most of the time but other than that...

Whilst the weather is getting gradually warmer on average, I do keep hearing reports of cold snaps and overnight frosts, so if you do decide to go for the out all night option, keep a close eye on the weather forecast.

Good luck :)

I am still waiting to put mine outside. I like the temperature to be above 6 everynight before they go out. But them mine all have problems of some sort so you know how over cautious I am, plus our heating is on inside a lot for poorly buns so the change would be greater for our buns

I'm a born worrier though which doesn't help. :oops: :roll: :lol:

They're both in perfect health and don't seem to have moulted too much since being indoors & they'd already begun their spring moult before Alfie hurt his leg. I've had the kitchen windows open on the latch the whole time they've been in too.

I'm still thinking. :? I'll keep an eye on the weather definitely - the next few nights are supposed to be quite mild and I will probably shut them in the shed part just before I go to bed (if I don't bottle it and bring them in) :oops:.

Whatever I decide, I don't think I'll leave them to the whole kennel till it warms a bit more because I know the pair of lemons will just sit in the run all night. :roll: :lol:

Back