• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My trip to The Gambia

i admit i've only browsed through the first album so far but it looks like this was an amazing experiance.
thank you for sharing your photos:)

hi janak,

we went out there for a couple of reasons, mainly as members of a twins forum we are supporting a single mum of twins and it was a chance for two of us to meet her. then we went to a couple of villages inland to take supplies and some toys. and then we visited a school that was set up by a charity in Barnstaple, we all sponsor children at the school and my childrens school did some fund raising and letters to give to the Seedlings school in Kotu. A lot of the children in the seedlings school live on a rubbish dump :(

it was a really amazing experience :love::love:

hi janak,

we went out there for a couple of reasons, mainly as members of a twins forum we are supporting a single mum of twins and it was a chance for two of us to meet her. then we went to a couple of villages inland to take supplies and some toys. and then we visited a school that was set up by a charity in Barnstaple, we all sponsor children at the school and my childrens school did some fund raising and letters to give to the Seedlings school in Kotu. A lot of the children in the seedlings school live on a rubbish dump :(

it was a really amazing experience :love::love:

oh brilliant, well done for going out there and helping as much as you could! I went to Uganda in 2008 and the stark contrast was very hard hitting sometimes :cry: Its lovely when you come back with a good experience!

The photos are lovely though, and the beach looks gorgeous! :love:

It looks like you had a lovely time there, and got to meet your sponsor children :D

(on a side note - assuming thats you in a couple of the photos - I'm sure I've seen you around somewhere :? hehe)

Thank you for posting the pictures, it looks like you had a fantastic time and the children looked thrilled with the things you gave them.
Funny I'd only said the night you posted these that you should have been home and I hoped that you where ok.
How did your children cope without you?

Back