• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how big does a run need to be?

Saw your post about homechecks so I guess you are adopting from a rescue. My advice would be to ask what size they require and go for at least that (or it's highly likely you will fail) but the bigger the better really.

If I was getting Nethie's I personally would go for at least 10ft x 5ft so they had space to run around and binky but it's all down to personal preference of you and the rescue and how much space you have available.

I always think it should be big enough for them to run in!

Some things described as "runs" dont have space for the bunnies to do just that!n

As big as you possibly can - but no smaller than 6 x 4 x 2 :)

Don't underestimate the nethie dash ;) They are bonkers when they get running & binkying :lol:

As big as you possibly can - but no smaller than 6 x 4 x 2 :)

Don't underestimate the nethie dash ;) They are bonkers when they get running & binkying :lol:

:thumb: at my old house the living room was huge and both of mine ran all the way around it full pelt:shock:

I agree, nethies need a lot of space. Before I got Charlee, and because I knew I would get a small bunny, I wrongly assumed that she would be ok in a 3ft by 3ft cage :oops: Thankfully I found RU.

Her cage is 6ft by 3ft which is ok for overnight but wouldn't be big enough on a permanent basis. She really loves to get out and stretch her legs, go crazy and binky (she does these mad laps around the room). Because of this I section off my bed (both the piggies and her are in my bedroom), giving her 6ft x 8ft of running space in addition to her cage for about 14-15 hours of the day. When I first let her out, she is all excited and bounces up and down at the front of her cage :lol: and then she spends a good hour going absolutely mad. Granted the rest of the day she does very little :lol: she still comes out when she feels like it, has a wonder around, binkys etc.

After all of that, I would definitely recommend you go as big as possible. I was reluctant at first, but feel much better now (plus she is toilet trained now which helps) and love seeing her soo happy.

it will be 5ft wide so i can attach it to my hutch i just need to hear how big the rescue say and add a few more feet :D

Back