• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Amber isn't herself

Michelleox

Mama Doe
Not sure what to do:?

She ate her veg and lots of hay this morning as usual and had a charge round in the run. I got hom from work and she refused a treat. I put them out in the run and every so often was sort of pressing her tummy to the floor and went to the corner and looked at though she was straining to poo. I gave her a tummy run but didn't feel to me that it was bloated and i chased her round a bit. She was moving ok. I tried her with a shreddie which she ate but refused a couple of other things.

I packed her off to the vets but they couldnt find anything wrong but gave her some Fiberplex.

She has been home for just ver two hours and she hasn't eaten anything and is just sat there. I'm just about to put her heatpad in. Not sure what to do:?:(

Poor Amber does sound like one of Frankie's bloat episodes. The last time he had it I rang the vet and they just said clear out the cage and poo monitor and give probiotics and bring in to the vets, in the morning if no better. Have you got any pineapple juice?

sounds like a tummy ache that can become stasis without pain relief :(

have you tried infacol or gripe water and chasing her about to shift any gas she might have?

i chased her about before the vets. The vet said that she didnt feel bloated and that she could feel lots of poos:?

i haven't got any infacol. Do i take her to the vets?

Last edited:
because its been all day and no improvement and no drugs i would definatley go to the vets. alvin went downhill very rapidly once even though he had been to the vets that morning and no pain relief had been given :( he was admitted over night that time.

sending loads of vibes xxxxx

Thanks, yes i dont know how log shes been like it.

Spoke to emergency receptionist and she said i can take her in

Only just seen this. Big vibes for Amber :love::love::love:

I saw infacol in a 24 hour pharmacy near Witney, so you might be able to get some there if the vet hasn't already suggested it xx

The vet gave her a thorough check and couldn't find anything wrongexcept the possibility of her teeth. She was moving her tongue so quickly he couldnt see one side of her mouth properly and then she got 'excited':roll: She does have ledges which have been haven't worsened for eight months now. He gave her a Metacam injection and another shot of Fiberplex and advised to go back to my vets tomorrow if she is still having problems.

Last edited:
Thanks for the vibes:wave:

She is totally back to normal:? Could she have had a sore tum even if there are no symptoms and the Metacam and Fibreplex just did the job?
How long does a shot of (injected) Metacam last for?

If it is her teeth, would she push her tum to the floor like she was? She has done this once before and was fine after a few hours and fibreplex

Back